• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
10 overs to face after the oppo has slapped you around a bit and they'll be facing two pumped-up in-form seamers. Nightmare fuel for openers.

Groundking

International Debutant
Haha. If Australia race to 60/0, this decision should get some flak. But no, everyone will laud it saying "positive move, intent" blah blah blah.
It's stupid either way, but I'd love Rabada to rip through the top order just to spite everything about Cricket Australia.

OverratedSanity

I think he's done the right thing. They've got a nice few bonus runs to get to a half decent total and the of another at most 20 runs or so is less than the advantage they could get by bowling to Australia now under lights. Plus, they've won the series. Perfect time to have a crazy gamble.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Starc just totally lost his way post-Tea. Listless in opening spell when SA were highly vulnerable and then bowled self-indulgent tripe when Shamsi was in.

morgieb

Starc's been wayward (judging by the over I watched him bowl during my lunch break).
Most of the first two sessions Australia bowled well. They basically turned full ****** after the dinner break though.

Zinzan

Haha Warner can't open apparently because of the time off the park. Gold.

Be ****ing hilarious if they throw Mad Dog up there. Do eeeeet!!! Like for like.
If that was the main reason behind Faf declaring, that is genius.

So who opens?

OverratedSanity

Haha. If Australia race to 60/0, this decision should get some flak. But no, everyone will laud it saying "positive move, intent" blah blah blah.
Eh, would Shamsi have survived much longer anyway? I think it's a gamble well worth taking. Imo it's a good decision regardless of whether it works.

SeamUp

International Coach
4-day Test cricket is definitely on when teams are declaring 9/259 on the first day even if under lights.