• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I'm guessing the batting order will be Mad dog at 6 so:

Warner
Renshaw
Uzi
Smitteh
Handy
Mad dog

Since he's the new SW project player he slots in at 6.

SeamUp

International Coach
And let's not forget James Pattinson still exists. And Lehmann's uncle played for England.....
Isn't Steve Smith's mother English ?

Remember a story of him leaving school early to go play cricket for the youth teams at Kent or something along those lines as he had family there.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm guessing the batting order will be Mad dog at 6 so:

Warner
Renshaw
Uzi
Smitteh
Handy
Mad dog

Since he's the new SW project player he slots in at 6.
I didn't even consider the order debatable. It would be hard to justify a better option from the squad picked.

Compton

International Debutant
Brilliant. Now we can have another 20 pages of pseudo-science on the impact of glucose on the shine of a cricket ball.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Regardless of punishment (I think he should've missed a Test, it's a clear breaking of the rules and apparently his previous indiscretion is too long ago to count? Weird.) the South Africans have been pork chops about this whole thing. The boys in arms media conference with Amla was the worst. Why try to play circus games with the Australian media, when they host the most amount of clowns per head in any industry anywhere in the world?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it was very odd behaviour. I suppose they were just denying that there was malicious intent, but that doesn't even matter. He clearly broke the laws. Not sure how any amount of standing in solidarity and lolly jokes changes that fact.

Burner

International Regular
Particularly disturbing is the SA fans' reaction of 'ohh we are always prosecuted, nobody likes us boohoo'. Like wtf?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, totally...he clearly broke the laws. They have their right to deny there was intent. But to stage that insane press conference, it created the situation where that bozo media clown was thrusting mics at Faf. South Africa created the situation they now find themselves declaring their unease with.

But hey, maybe it's the circus world cricket needs. Australia can't compete on field, make a show out of the off-field stuff. I absolutely love it, incidentally. The way that Faf swaggers around, chewing new bags of lollies, smirking at every turn and checking himself out in every window he can get himself near enough to, it's great viewing. I just think it's nuts for SA to have a psycho security man, a media adviser who tells them to play the us against the world card at a presser, then to say they're disappointed by it all.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If keeping Test cricket relevant is achieved through lolly licking, Australian selection roulette and so forth, I'm on board.

Heboric

International Debutant
Particularly disturbing is the SA fans' reaction of 'ohh we are always prosecuted, nobody likes us boohoo'. Like wtf?
Yeah i suppose you cant blame them when we keep seeing certain other players getting away with it or threaten to cancel tours if someone dares to call out some of their players.