• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
CSA needs to have a serious chat with their security guard. He's acting like a complete ****.
Is there a security guard in the world who doesn't act like a ****? I mean, I'm pretty sure it's in the job description.

Regardless, I'm not sure what these media vultures think they're achieving by waving a microphone and hassling du Plessis through an airport. He's the captain, there'll be time to ask questions. Then of course, the rest of these parasites gather around their own and protect 'their right' to hassle the **** out of sportspeople, because they're well paid blah blah ****ing blah.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You're right on both counts. Security blokes generally ****s of the highest order. Reporters too.

Shri

Mr. Glass
lol you don't "rest" players for Test matches, especially batsmen. At least not in Australia.

They can rest when the reserve team plays the ODIs and T20Is
Neither is ringing in six changes to the side during a series. You can weed out the obvious failures and the ones who don't look the part(for a while at least) in one game, instead of waiting and dragging out the weeding process over months.

TheJediBrah

Neither is ringing in six changes to the side during a series. You can weed out the obvious failures and the ones who don't look the part(for a while at least) in one game, instead of waiting and dragging out the weeding process over months.
Nah weeding out 6 players is fine when it's necessary. It should have been 7 but O'Keefe got injured.

mackembhoy

International Regular
Soon it could be going behind enemy lines here...

Renshaw and Whiteman born in Yorkshire while Handscomb was born in OZ to English parents.

Here is Renshaw's parents saying you can't get more ocker than him : Australia Test team: Matt Renshaw?s parent want the world to know their boy is a true blue Aussie
Well being from Middlesbrough and moving to Aus I can see why he'd claim to be an Aussie. I suppose having extra limbs makes it easier to deny your heritage.

Traitor all the same. I became a Sunderland fan when I was 6 like me just deciding that cos I live close to Newcastle I should support them.

Last edited:

Daemon

Don't be mean, he's just standing behind his team in solidarity because Faf did absolutely nothing wrong. Is it a joke? I mean, he really did nothing wrong.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So at what point does saliva become non-artificial after eating and what is an acceptable level of glucose in saliva for it not to become ball tampering? And should you avoid garlic the night before in case it effects the movement of the ball....

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't be mean, he's just standing behind his team in solidarity because Faf did absolutely nothing wrong. Is it a joke? I mean, he really did nothing wrong.
Depends on how blatant it was. If he was just doing what every other player does, then I'd assume we'd see every other player cited.

OverratedSanity

Trying to manufacture a controversy where there's literally nothing newsworthy. If anything the reporter deserved a proper punch. He's repeatedly running up and shoving a mic in Faf's face. Complete clown.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pretty obvious the Aussie media just think it is a better idea to let the non-fanatic cricket followers think that the reason they lost was because of the evil foreigners who cheated. And this incident can be played in a way that will add to that narrative. Another one for my post where I listed the reasons Australian Cricket Community just seems hell bent on turning everything into "we are always great and if we get beat, its coz of cheating or other factors"... Just hope the larger Australian cricket fandom are as reasonable enough as most of the CW aussie community and can see through all this.