• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When do SA fans start getting nervous? Lyon can also bat a bit, can't he?
If no wickets fall before tea I reckon there might be a few edgy moments. Pitch still looks to be playing well and their bowling is light and hasn't caused massive troubles to defence oriented batsmen.

Glad that Nevill's fighting here. Won't be enough but it could give him some confidence for the series going forward.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
220 in 37 ain't happening, and I'd be very surprised if SA can't find two wickets in that time. I don't think anyone out there is worried, maybe just mildly irked that they're not sinking b33rs yet because this Nevill bloke wants to defend all day.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Glad that Nevill's fighting here. Won't be enough but it could give him some confidence for the series going forward.
Yep, one positive for Australia from this game. Nevill seems to be someone to be counted upon and has the mental ability now who can stonewall in such situations; his only decent contribution with the bat in Sri Lanka was in similar circumstances. It's just a question of him developing his style when more aggressive intent is needed.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Faf should give himself an over or two; SSmith-esque troll leggies to goad Hazlewood into something dumb

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I think Hazlewood won't mind being the one to face Bavuma; crack is far less threatening for him from an LBW point of view.