• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In many ways it shows how the touring sides in Australia were last year should have played.

It's not impossible to overcome the home advantage, you put in the performance and you win. What we got from WI and NZ last year was bugger all in that department.
Last year was just dreadful from the touring sides aside from Williamson's heroics and the Taylor innings.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
I have never seen such a awful Australian test side in such a long time. The bowling attack lost its spark without Johnson. Overrated side. Smith can only bat on dead tracks. 2-0 loss awaits for Australia 'if' they tour Bangladesh.

Daemon

In many ways it shows how the touring sides in Australia were last year should have played.

It's not impossible to overcome the home advantage, you put in the performance and you win. What we got from WI and NZ last year was bugger all in that department.
I vote this the most meaningless post Howe has ever made. Probably the only one tbf.

morgieb

Will say despite the lopsided scorelines touring sides have put us in more danger than the scoreline has indicated.

Against England in all tests but Adelaide they had us looking at pretty low scores, but invariably they let the tail get to a score somewhat defendable, and their batting was massively exposed. India had us on the ropes in all of the first three Tests at times, but blew them (though the closeness of the first Test was helped by rain IIRC) by bowling short at Brisbane and Melbourne and a couple of awful shots at Adelaide. Even the New Zealand series was arguably one umpiring decision away from 1-1 (which probably masked the gap between the two sides in fairness, but still...)

It's hardly India-esque, the HGA (which isn't impossible to overcome either, but I don't think any sides in the world are good enough to do so right now).

Howe_zat

Audio File
I vote this the most meaningless post Howe has ever made. Probably the only one tbf.
Plausibly, though I feel like there was a lot of yammer over how it was impossible to win in Australia because of the conditions and how well suited to them the home side was. Not unlike the toss brigade on Asian series.

Burgey

Australia are about to lose a Test to a AB-less, Steyn-less, 10 man South Africa side featuring a debutant spinner, by atleast 150+ runs, at Perth, after having been 158/0 in response to 242 a/o in the first innings.

Lolstralia
***** reading cricinfo score summaries like a boss.

Daemon

Plausibly, though I feel like there was a lot of yammer over how it was impossible to win in Australia because of the conditions and how well suited to them the home side was. Not unlike the toss brigade on Asian series.
"Not impossible to overcome the home advantage" was a good point, but the rest of the post was sorta asking the other teams to just..play better?

Unless you felt that teams went in with that mental block, which I'd argue they didn't and it was the fans who think that way.

Last edited:

vcs

Perth is basically SA's home ground now. Drew in 2005, and on course to win for the 3rd successive time. Australia really should consider not playing there against them.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Saffers were 4 down in Adelaide at the end of day 4 right?

But Aus don't have an AB and faf, who played two of the greatest innings of the last decade.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I just meant last ten years not since 2010, but either way AB completely changed his game for the team like a boss, something all these other ****s couldn't do.

A yesr later he then took on Mitch in full flight despite the whole England team shitting their pants at him, and he did it on saffer pitches.

And you ****s call him overrated.

morgieb

Saffers were 4 down in Adelaide at the end of day 4 right?

But Aus don't have an AB and faf, who played two of the greatest innings of the last decade.
Yeah, and it was probably more desperate of a situation too. Faf was on debut as well (so it would've been hard to see him play that sort of innings the day before), and we were also one bowler short.....

I have no faith in the current batting lineup in saving a Test though. Especially given the tail starts at 6 here.