• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

WindieWeathers

International Regular
1. SA's attack was never gonna be as poor as they were yesterday

2. Australia's middle order is pretty much like England's. Two world class batsmen in Cook and Root (Warner and Smith), One who's been in the form of his life like Bairstow (Khawaja) and the rest is a virtual lottery although Stokes is no doubt better than Marsh tbh.

The truth is the teams with the most settled batting orders are the two who are sitting in the top two places in the test rankings (India and Pakistan) . And that's why we'll probably see a lot more collapses like this from the likes of England and Aus than we do from those two. SA are missing their best batsman so I won't judge them so harshly yet.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
imagine tahir getting smith like that

he would have run out of the stadium gate and jumped from a bridge nearby in celebration

Red Wingz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

2. Australia's middle order is pretty much like England's. Two world class batsmen in Cook and Root (Warner and Smith), One who's been in the form of his life like Bairstow (Khawaja) and the rest is a virtual lottery although Stokes is no doubt better than Marsh tbh.

The truth is the teams with the most settled batting orders are the two who are sitting in the top two places in the test rankings (India and Pakistan) . And that's why we'll probably see a lot more collapses like this from the likes of England and Aus than we do from those two. SA are missing their best batsman so I won't judge them so harshly yet.
Pak batting has been not that great.........india do have some quality test players

Teja.

Global Moderator
Man, it's so nuts that some people were suggesting that Philander a guy with a bowling average of 22 over 38 tests no less wasn't the ideal pick for the track and quotas helped him get his place over Morkel.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

And where were you last summer you light weight

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
imagine tahir getting smith like that

he would have run out of the stadium gate and jumped from a bridge nearby in celebration
Man I miss Tahir. His celebrations were one of the great sights in international cricket.

That one where he got Clarke out after having endured a full day's worth of punishment from him, only for it to be overruled because he'd overstepped
... ****ing gold.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very good call from stphndbsn when he said Philander would be an asset because of how well he bowls to the lefties. I thought he'd do well too, but with Steyn not exactly being amazing against left handers, Philander has come up huge.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
WTF I thought we were **** against spinners everywhere else in the world.

Very problematic.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
who was the **** in this thread that said Australia play spin well? You're worse than Nevill.