• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Has that been confirmed?

BT Sport have rights to Australia's home Tests, Sky have rights to England's away Tests. As far as I understand it, there's no reason why both stations can't show it.
Is there any way to watch Sky Sports and BT Sports in the same TV?

Bijed

International Regular
Well it wasn't a comment meant to offend it was simply a statement o fact that there are too many staticians rather than ppl actually watching players. Not necessarily you.

Your post made a good point of how far ballance has fallen.
Ah, sorry, guess it's just one of those inevitable misunderstandings that happen on the internet - sorry if I got a bit defensive :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Has that been confirmed?

BT Sport have rights to Australia's home Tests, Sky have rights to England's away Tests. As far as I understand it, there's no reason why both stations can't show it.
Pretty sure it was confirmed a while back

cnerd123

likes this
Bangladesh coach Chandika Hathurusingha said that at tea time during on third day of the Mirpur Test there was apprehension that another winning position was slipping from their grasp after England had moved to 100 without loss chasing 273.

Hathurusingha, who has been influential in Bangladesh's rise in the last two years, praised the role of the players who stood up to his challenge to turn the situation around, particularly the likes of Tamim Iqbal, Shakib Al Hasan and Mehedi Hasan. Tamim, Mushfiqur Rahim's deputy, took an active role in setting fields while Shakib and Mehedi shared the ten wickets that fell in the third session, handing Bangladesh their maiden Test win over England.
'I told them that this opportunity will never come again' - Chandika Hathurusingha | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

So basically Mushy was panicking, so Chandika made Tamim captain instead. Awesome.

cnerd123

likes this
Time to make Tamim captain IMO. He comes out publicly and says BD shouldn't be satisfied by simply competing, plays two brilliant innings, and essentially captains the side in the winning session.

Mushy panics and tweets out celebrations when India lose a match.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but England didn't whine about the pitches at all, which I'm sure if it was Australia, they would've wasted no time to do so (lol it spun so it was a bad pitch) . In fact, I don't remember any pitch whinging from England over the last few years when they've lost. Pretty much every other team in test cricket does it. Much respect.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Correct me if I'm wrong, but England didn't whine about the pitches at all, which I'm sure if it was Australia, they would've wasted no time to do so (lol it spun so it was a bad pitch) . In fact, I don't remember any pitch whinging from England over the last few years when they've lost. Pretty much every other team in test cricket does it. Much respect.
The English media just whinge in different ways. "We lost which means are selectors are fools and/or our players didn't put their hearts into it.". It's probably slightly less annoying than whinging about the pitches or the umpiring but it's just a different manifestation of the same thing, really.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Has that been confirmed?

Sky don't have rights to England's away tests, they aren't England's to sell. Sky negotiate with the individual
boards. In the past they have usually had agreements with Australia, SA, WI sometimes NZ to show all their home content and then just negotiated with the others when England toured.

indiaholic

International Captain
@PEWS Blaming your own inefficiencies is surely better than blaming conditions.. I wouldn't mind if Smith whined about good quality tour matches after losing for example.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
The English media just whinge in different ways. "We lost which means are selectors are fools and/or our players didn't put their hearts into it.". It's probably slightly less annoying than whinging about the pitches or the umpiring but it's just a different manifestation of the same thing, really.
It's a complete entitlement issue, not to mention an unwarranted superiority complex. More than anything these people hate the idea of losing to Bangladesh rather than the realities of the match, since such a big and important nation shouldn't ever be losing to a much less recognised one.

Probably not unique to England in that respect but what we see happen all the time, in football too, is the media completely turning on the team, wanting to investigate everything in the system inside out to find some intangible answer, when the biggest reason is that if you look at the match up in a more objective way, the other team were probably just better.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Most people were moaning about the selections before the tour. They just made it even worse by actually picking Finn for a game when Ball was there.

I still can't believe how much contempt the selectors continue to have for County Cricket.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
There's a difference between the players/management and the media.

The players and management have been pretty good for a while now. They don't really complain about the conditions or whatever for the most part. They just get on with it. - Which is different from a few teams these days- especially Australia.

The media is different and has more dissenting voices and you still get complaining about the wickets but they've got to write about something. They complain about wickets at home as well.

TBH If I'm being honest I thought the wicket for the second test was a bad wicket. If the intent is for cricket to go 5 days then it's a bad wicket. There were 17 wickets on day 3, but given the amount of missed chances and missed lbws that England had when bowling at Bangladesh there could have been 25 wickets on another day (if match conditions permitted). There was inconsistent spin and inconsistent bounce from the start of the game- and it got worse.

But I don't blame Bangladesh for that. Teams are preparing wickets to suit there needs. All teams do that. If everybody else is preparing pitches to suit, your at a disadvantage if you don't.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd agree the pitch for the 2nd test wasn't as good as the one for the 1st test but that isn't because we lost. I do think the pitch in Chittagong which turned more early, held together better over the course of the game and provided us with one of the best test matches in years and in the 2nd test it deteriorated far quicker. That is always a possibility though when you provide a pitch helping the spinners from the off and I guess our crap bowling in the opening session cost us the game more than anything else.

Dobell is always going to moan, he moans when we lose and when we win. He seems a journalistic Scaly without the extreme of going off like a bottle of pop but is a constant misery. Not heard what Boring Bob has said about it but no doubt he has moaned at the pitch, the selection and the way we played.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I'd agree the pitch for the 2nd test wasn't as good as the one for the 1st test but that isn't because we lost. I do think the pitch in Chittagong which turned more early, held together better over the course of the game and provided us with one of the best test matches in years and in the 2nd test it deteriorated far quicker. That is always a possibility though when you provide a pitch helping the spinners from the off and I guess our crap bowling in the opening session cost us the game more than anything else.

Dobell is always going to moan, he moans when we lose and when we win. He seems a journalistic Scaly without the extreme of going off like a bottle of pop but is a constant misery. Not heard what Boring Bob has said about it but no doubt he has moaned at the pitch, the selection and the way we played.
Yes I wasn't saying that was why we lost. We weren't good enough in the conditions.

What I would say is that I have no problem with the journalists complaining that they didn't think the wicket was good enough. A few of them before and during the first day questioned the pitch, but I didn't see any of them blaming the pitch after the game for England's defeat. That was down to England's lack of quality spin, and their ability to play it.