• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Misbah driving against pace. That itself shows that they are not really looking to save this game..just try to score some runs to salvage some confidence I guess.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Out of his comfort zone for the first time in absolute yonks and close to 40, people shouldn't be that shocked he looks so uncomfortable in England.

Pakistan are ****ed this series, Aslam, Imran even Azam if they call him up, won't save them, this test has highlighted the gulf between them.
The only man who can save them plays for England at No.3.

If you are a bad left hander the idea of playing against Jimmy must genuinely give you anxiety. Thirimanne, Masood, van Zyl just off the top of my head have looked like complete amateurs against him.
Left handers + Kohli

If Woakes was West Indian he'd be there best bowler and bat in the top 5, he would get in there side as a frontline batsman.

Howe_zat

Audio File
If this is, as previously stated, a match straight out of the 2011 series, then Chris Woakes is the Bresnan of this year, and I can't think of higher praise than that

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If this is, as previously stated, a match straight out of the 2011 series, then Chris Woakes is the Bresnan of this year, and I can't think of higher praise than that
Hopefully for your sake he has more staying power than Bresnan :p

Stace

First Class Debutant
Root has a 100 against all 7countries he's played against after that 254, also averages over 40 against everyone bar NZ (39..53 isn't far away). His only weakness (so far) is going nicking full and wide balls which when he left them alone he bangs out a 250, don't think he's that bad at the short ball but if his back get worse as he gets older it may become a problem, very good player of spin, brilliant across all 3 formats. Not bad for a 25 year old.

Howe_zat

Audio File
But yeah Pakistan shouldn't panic,this test is almost completely a result of the first innings, in fact it's not too unlike the second Test of last year's Ashes, which wasn't exactly a disaster thereafter

One change they absolutely have to make is taking Masood out of the top order. Not for test cricket. if they can get an opening partnership working their middle order will find life a hell of a lot easier