• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Howe_zat

Audio File
To keep a side who bat at Lord's under 300 for a day and take 6 wickets is not a bad effort at all. Pitch offering nothing to the bowlers so to have them 6 down is a good day for us. Keep them under 330 tomorrow and we are in a good position.
Nightwatchman being one of the 6 makes it look better than it is for us, but yeah, final spell from Woakes keeps us in the game. If Misbah departs early tomorrow we can still wrap it up for a par score, but we can expect Misbah and Sarfraz could take them towards 400 if not.

Pleased for Woakes, performing on his own on the first day of a Test is a huge step up from anything he's done before.

Easy to say we missed Anderson today but I'm not sure we'd have taken the chances off him. I'll point the finger and a very poor catching effort for this position.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
England reasonably ahead. The pitch seemsa
Quite flat from what little I have seen. Need at least 450 and to bat until at least tea if noy the full day tomorrow

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England reasonably ahead. The pitch seemsa
Quite flat from what little I have seen. Need at least 450 and to bat until at least tea if noy the full day tomorrow
I don't think you're going to need that many - I can see Amir scything through our batting

Compton

International Debutant
I'm not sure Amir will set the series alight like some seem to be. I'm absolutely certain he'll snag Ballance early, and consistently, though.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Just watched the highlights on 5 and seen Misbah get his century..and do his press ups lol. Not bad for his age.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is it just me or does Bruce French look nearly as young up on the balcony as he did 30 years ago playing for England?

smash84

The Tiger King
He may have a good series, but he has not played a test in six years, so to expect him to run riot as some do especially on this match is a bit weird.
Exactly. Too much gambhiring from English fans.

Stay away people. This is our domain :ph34r:

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'll say Pakistan has a slight edge at this stage. Rahat Ali's wicket makes the scoreboard look worse than it is.

I think Sarfraz can bat well on this pitch. With Misbah and Sarfraz starting tomorrow, there is a chance of getting 400+ from here. Anything below 350 will give England the edge, anything above 400 will give Pakistan a healthy edge.