• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I'm still furious at Guptill though.
If Brownlie was scoring runs I'd be feeling like dropping Guptill over that. We all know he's a spud against the new red ball and needs a bit of luck to survive that - fair enough to play his ODI game there. But the ball was over 20 overs old on a very flat wicket, there's Hazlewood but noone 145+ km/h to really rip you out, nothing there for Lyon either and it's a test match ffs. He will NEVER get as good a chance to score a test century against Australia. As Hendrix pointed out, that's an ugly slog even in an ODI. There's is more infuriating than all the times he's predictably edged behind against the new ball for 17.

:mad:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
as long as he's not driving through the offside nicholls makes his shovelling look pretty correct
Nicholls knows which side his bread is buttered on. Maybe he'll even hit Cribbage with bit of this on a day 4 Basin surface -

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Weird if it is fitness, he's always looked rather fit and not what I would call scrawny.

Maybe TH can give the inside word

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Weird if it is fitness, he's always looked rather fit and not what I would call scrawny.

Maybe TH can give the inside word
there's "I can bench 100kg" fitness, there's "I can run 10km in 20 mins" fitness, and then there's "I can bat for six hours" fitness

Latham is undoubtedly fit but he hasn't played enough seriously long innings in domestics to get used to the feeling