• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Are you a wizard?!?

Mark Reason: Black Caps abandon spirit of cricket as TV calls the shots | Stuff.co.nz

I mean, by Reason's standards its far from his worst, but that doesn't make him from still coming across as a bitter awful ****.
Or am I Mark Reason...**** no, I am not Mark Reason. Nor am I psychic. I've read enough of his columns to know what predictable pissery he's going to spout week on week. And that Brendon will always be the target.

It's not his worst, his worst is accusing people of match fixing - ie the dropped catches in Brendon's 300 (there's that name again). His worst is libellous. This is just bile. Apparently the players and umpires didn't decide the series, even though one player hit the ball and another caught it, then an umpire referred it to another umpire who gave it out :laugh:

Then, as Steve Smith and other Aussie media have said, Henry is accused of not appealing but then it says he gave a half appeal. Surely the word 'howsat' is sufficient enough to constitute an appeal no matter how high the decible level?

Then apparently the producer 'rushed through' the replay :laugh: Whatever suits your agenda against Brendon you silly old petty man.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I cant believe Craig has been picked ahead of Sodhi for Santners replacement . I turn the ball more bowling to my nephew than this guy. Even Depak Patel turned it more.
I doubt you turn it more than Mark, and in any case that shows a lack of understanding of a spinner's tools. Bounce is as important as spin, and Mark is a tall guy who gets it. Drift, is another. Accuracy and pitch map, which he lacks, is another.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wonder if Jeets is regretting not making himself available for Tests. The spinner spot has played 16 Tests in that period and taken 50 wickets,

He could have had his 100 test wickets.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
What Grant Elliott said to instigate the sledging war - Sport - NZ Herald News

The sledge that started a verbal transtasman war was a simple reminder of the rules of cricket.

As Mitchell Marsh walked off after being given out in controversial circumstances he yelled, "That's f***ing bull****."

Grant Elliott, the New Zealand allrounder who had been taunted during his fighting 50 by the Australians, replied: "So we're not playing caught and bowleds in this game then?"

That jibe got under the skin of out-of-form wicketkeeper Matthew Wade who called Elliott a "f***ing coward".

Brilliant repartee from Elliott, and Wade musters up all he's capable of in reply.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whats their beef with Elliott anyway, figured they'd be harping on Ronchi or WilliamsFLOP instead.

burr

State Vice-Captain
What Grant Elliott said to instigate the sledging war - Sport - NZ Herald News

The sledge that started a verbal transtasman war was a simple reminder of the rules of cricket.

As Mitchell Marsh walked off after being given out in controversial circumstances he yelled, "That's f***ing bull****."

Grant Elliott, the New Zealand allrounder who had been taunted during his fighting 50 by the Australians, replied: "So we're not playing caught and bowleds in this game then?"

That jibe got under the skin of out-of-form wicketkeeper Matthew Wade who called Elliott a "f***ing coward".

Brilliant repartee from Elliott, and Wade musters up all he's capable of in reply.
Oh, Wade is so awful. At least he sucks at cricket too.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It's actually no fun at all despising an Australian that his own kind hold a similar level of disdain for.

Come back Brad, we miss you.

Howsie

International Captain
I was shocked to see Steve Smith whining on the tv tonight. I hadn't realised he'd arrived in the country yet....