• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Who gets MOTS? Please say Guptill. Guptill MOTS and Sodhi MOTM means somewhere blocky is having an aneurysm

indiaholic

International Captain
Lol my school coach used to feel that loud appeals were just poor manners. He says you can just ask. Probably why our school team was a well mannered bunch who never won anything.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Anyway, so pleased we came back and won that. Honestly thought we were gone for all money until Sodhi took those two crucial wickets - and even then we were still in danger with Marsh and Hastings still able to steer things. All and all it's been an excellent series and I hope we get to play a series in Australia next year, both sides full strength. Hopefully minus the wicketkeepers from both teams. fmd they're atrocious.

Also favourite part of the match was Grunter's response to Wade's outburst - "love your work Wade"

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loving this cricket legends series on fox. Had MJ ok in the innings break and now it's wasim akram, aka the Old Trent Boult.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Henry should be MOTS IMHO. 8 wickets, at key times. The difference between the sides maybe. But I don't think they gave it to anyone, maybe Simon Doull was too busy stirring Smith and stroking Brendon to remember.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice touch playing Pearl Jam's 'Better Man', which McCullum plays when he comes out to bat. Appropriate song to send him off too.
Except that it's a song about a bored housewife who convinces herself she can't do any better than her dead beat husband...

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
idk what to think of this?...

Did we bowl really well or are the Aussies just **** when they don't on roads?

240 surely wasn't enough?

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Sodhi was really impressive, he won us the game with those 2 quick wickets. We didn't look like winning till he dismissed Smith and Maxwell.

Spark

Global Moderator
Andrew Ramsey @ARamseyCricket
Match ref told Smith ball not dead til bowler begins run-up. But Smith believes incident shouldn't be up on screen while appeal still live

Okay that is straight-up bull****

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Great win for the boys. The best feeling in world cricket is beating Aussie.

Great series too. Both of the last two games would have been worthy World Cup finals. Basically the side that took their opportunities won them.

How good would an Aussie-NZ-SA tri-series be right now?

Matt Henry: 25 matches, 51 wickets at 22. It's early in his career but that's a Shane Bond level return so far.

Felt that bowling decided that series more than anything.

The best thing was that I got on the BCs at 7.2 at the innings break. We had bowled Aussie out for 150 and had them 200/6 previously, so I figured we were an even chance to defend 250.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Wellington win, Black Caps win, Being Kevin Pietersen documentary on afterwards, pretty good day :)

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
idk what to think of this?...

Did we bowl really well or are the Aussies just **** when they don't on roads?

240 surely wasn't enough?
Here's a weird thought to start off with, maybe NZ has pretty good ODI bowlers.