• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

cricrate: new cricket ratings website

viriya

International Captain
Test + ODI update:

Tests
- Amla drops out of the top 10: cricrate | Current Top Test Batsmen
- Ross Taylor's 290 ranks at #80: cricrate | Best Test Batting Performances
- Ashwin jumps to the top: cricrate | Current Top Test Bowlers
- Ross in best fielding performances, Kohli in worst: cricrate | Best/Worst Test Fielding Performances

ODIs
- Samuels returns to the top 10: cricrate | Current Top ODI Batsmen
- Buttler with #57 ranked batting performance: cricrate | Best ODI Batting Performances
- Shakib returns to the top 10: cricrate | Current Top ODI Bowlers
- Cremer and Malinga in best fielding performances: cricrate | Best/Worst ODI Fielding Performances
- Samuels and Mendis in best win share performances: cricrate | Best/Worst ODI Win Share Performances

viriya

International Captain
Tests
- Voges jumps to top 10: cricrate | Current Top Test Batsmen
- AB with highest rated SA career: cricrate | Best Test Batting Careers
- Morkel drops out of top 20: cricrate | Current Top Test Bowlers
- AB reaches top 10 in career fielding (2005- only): cricrate | Best/Worst Test Fielding Careers

ODIs
- Guptill jumps to top 10, Dilshan drops out: cricrate | Current Top ODI Batsmen
- Boult joins top 10: cricrate | Current Top ODI Bowlers
- Jongwe with #42 rated bowling performance: cricrate | Best ODI Bowling Performances
- Gulbadin with #15 best win share performance, Madziva with #44 worst (game decided in last over): cricrate | Best/Worst ODI Win Share Performances

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Tests
- Voges jumps to top 10: cricrate | Current Top Test Batsmen
- AB becomes with highest rated SA career: cricrate | Best Test Batting Careers
- Morkel drops out of top 20: cricrate | Current Top Test Bowlers
- AB reaches top 10 in career fielding (2005- only): cricrate | Best/Worst Test Fielding Careers

ODIs
- Guptill jumps to top 10, Dilshan drops out: cricrate | Current Top ODI Batsmen
- Boult joins top 10: cricrate | Current Top ODI Bowlers
- Jongwe with #42 rated bowling performance: cricrate | Best ODI Bowling Performances
- Gulbadin with #15 best win share performance, Madziva with #44 worst (game decided in last over): cricrate | Best/Worst ODI Win Share Performances
Not sure if this has been asked before, but why is Tendulkar only credited with 197 matches rather than 200?

91Jmay

International Coach
You've caught a lot of **** for it but this site and its evolution is pretty ****ing impressive viriya. Really enjoyed reading the thread.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Travesty that cricrate's top 100 batting performances doesn't have Pews' double hundred in there imo. Best double ever. Ben Stokes eat your heart out.

When I play backyard cricket, you cannot throw stuff at other people. It will result in two runs. These "things" incldue little gumnuts off tree, grass, shoes (yes, shoes) and other things. the rule was brought in at the arrival of the shoe, as it happened I got out, after Sanka threw a shoe at me. He won the innings due to this, with the worst bowler (Matt) still haveing 3 balls to go, off which I neede 1 run.

Well one day, needing 4 runs to rake the lead (and virtaully win) and to reach my double century (dont ask, wierd scoring system), Nick got me out. I was so dissapointed, knowing I had lost.

The next bastman in was David, whos average was only twenty and high score was 104. Yes we actually calculate this. He had no hope of reaching 200, so Nick (the one who got me out) was going to win.

Sanka (the shoe guy) then decided he didnt want Nick to win and threw 4 gumnuts at me! results in 8 runs, winning me the match and giving me my first double centrury. Nick was so dissapointed and annoyed at Sanka that he began yelling and screaming at him

viriya

International Captain
You've caught a lot of **** for it but this site and its evolution is pretty ****ing impressive viriya. Really enjoyed reading the thread.
Thanks! Appreciate the support - my initial quest was just to make a better rating system than ICC but it has become much more and a lot of the evolution is thanks to suggestions from this forum.

viriya

International Captain
Tests
- Kane defaults to #1 (highest NZ current rating of all-time) after AB drops a spot, Amla returns to the top 10: cricrate | Current Top Test Batsmen
- Broad with #33 ranked performance: cricrate | Best Test Bowling Performances
- AB drops out of top 10 career: cricrate | Best/Worst Test Fielding Careers

ODIs
- Rohit jumps to #2, Kohli and Steven Smith move to top 5, Maxwell and Warner to top 10, Dhoni drops out: cricrate | Current Top ODI Batsmen
- Smith with #90 rated performance: cricrate | Best ODI Batting Performances

91Jmay

International Coach
Root below AB is not something I agree with at all given their respective form over quite an extended period.

viriya

International Captain
Root below AB is not something I agree with at all given their respective form over quite an extended period.
Couple of reasons:
- AB is coming off an ATG current rating peak (#6 all-time)
- If you look at the last 20 innings, even though in terms of runs AB is behind, his runs have been in tougher situations (especially the recent India series where he was the only one who consistently did well in team)

91Jmay

International Coach
Couple of reasons:
- AB is coming off an ATG current rating peak (#6 all-time)
- If you look at the last 20 innings, even though in terms of runs AB is behind, his runs have been in tougher situations (especially the recent India series where he was the only one who consistently did well in team)
Root's hunderd in 3rd Test was in incredibly difficult situation, where AB failed - as was his hundred at Trent Bridge given the conditions.