• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Howe_zat

Audio File
Don't see a way back for England from here that doesn't involve a stunning lower order fightback. If they get bowled out in the next session then even skittling SA in the second innings will just leave us with ta big 250+ chase.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Morkel's days will be numbered if steyn and philander get fit. Can't leave out kg. Brilliant young bowler.

Also have to mention the role abbot has played. Hasn't gotten wickets but pressure he has build by going for under 2 an over has been excellent.

Howe_zat

Audio File
IIRC Egyptian predicted just this would happen with Taylor.
In fairness Egyptian predicts failure for everyone.

Did think a few people went a bit over the top in praise of him and about how obvious it was he should be in the side. Grass is greener and all that.

Same people saying we should bring back Ballance who thought he clearly needed to be dropped in the summer winds me up. I though Ballance was harshly treated, doesn't mean everyone else deserves to be too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd probably not change the batting line up for the start of the summer. Give them all a chance. If I did then I'd drop a maximum of one, so Hales.

Compton

International Debutant
Not much point in discussing the make up of the next test squad until you see who starts the county season well, IMO.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd probably not change the batting line up for the start of the summer. Give them all a chance. If I did then I'd drop a maximum of one, so Hales.
Yeah, I don't want 3 changes or anything like that. I'd keep Taylor in and maybe drop Hales, depends who there is available scoring runs though as to whether Compton opens or stays at 3.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
I dunno, I'd keep Hales, just for the Sri Lanka series if anything. I reckon any English opening batsman should at least be given the chance to show what they've got on English wickets in English conditions, where Hales has proved he has decent talent. If he fails against Sri Lanka, by all means, drop him.

Captain_Cook

U19 12th Man
I'm not arguing for anyone to be discarded. I think the entire lineup will get the tests against Sri Lanka (unless we lose the first test and given our poor record in Headingley is not unlikely).

The way Ramprakash talks about Hales is borderline delusional. Under no circumstance should he be praised. Cook has had a shocker and yet now has more runs than Hales.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah this was the effort I thought we'd see, middle order has been strong all series but this kind of collapse is always on the cards.