• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia 2015/16

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I thought this sort of thing was frowned upon ever since Hansie Cronje did it in a test against England
It was frowned upon when it came out that Cronje had done so at the behest of a bookmaker. Everyone thought it was a magnificent gesture up until that point.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
If they want continue picking MMarsh for his bowling then let's just start phase 1 of turning Australia into NSW and putting Nev at 6. Maybe Marsh isn't automatically at 7 though. Maybe Starc can bunt him to 8.

Beamer

Well what an awful tour. Things have gone from bad to worse and I think thats the last 3 test series we will get against a big 3 team for some time. In fairness, I can't really complain about that, we need to re-earn some respect.

Random thoughts and musings on the series:

- Our preparation for the tour was diabolical. Both CA and the WICB are stupid if they think a team like ours can rock up and be competitive with a practice schedule like that. It's time the WICB insisted on real preperation. Our youngsters need all the preparation they can get and it's instructive that our batsmen got significantly better as the tour progressed (still rubbish though obviously).

- Marlon Samuels needs to go. Not only has he stopped scoring test runs but his attitude on the field has been dreadful. Yes we need senior players but only those with good attitudes. I would choose a 40 year old Shiv over Marlon in a heartbeat.

- Kemar Roach and the bowling in general, which had been our strenght in recent times, was incredibly disappointing. Jerome Taylor had a pretty decent year so I'll give him a bit of leeway but Roach is just not the same bowler and he needs to be replaced by Miguel Cummins or someone with a bit of pace and verve. Hopefully Kemar can get some FC cricket under his belt and return to the World Class bowler he can be.

- Warrican looks a handy left arm spinner but he defiitely shouldn't be playing ahead of Bishoo. His selection ahead of Bishoo in the first test was bizarre.

-On the plus side it was good to see Darren Bravo and Kraigg Braithwaite bat so well and Carlos Braithwaite looks a handy addition to the side. The batting lineup for now should be:

Kraigg Braithwaite
Rajendra Chandrika (gets the next series)
Jermaine Blackwood (number 3 for Jamaica, adds more positivity to the top order)
Darren Bravo
Shane Dowrich (should never have been dropped)
Denesh Ramdin
Jason Holder
Carlos Braithwaite
Devendra Bishoo
Jerome Taylor
Miguel Cummins/Jamal Warrican

Obviosuly still a very weak side but there is at least something to build on. Everyone in that side has a good attitude (except possibly Taylor who is a bit lazy) and that is going to be important moving forward.

Finally, if anyone thought we would seriously manufacture a chase for Australia they are just not thinking logically. This team needs to learn how to compete and fight. Losing 3-0 was going to do nothing but further damage confidence and boost Australia's ranking.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Well what an awful tour. Things have gone from bad to worse and I think thats the last 3 test series we will get against a big 3 team for some time. In fairness, I can't really complain about that, we need to re-earn some respect.

Random thoughts and musings on the series:

- Our preparation for the tour was diabolical. Both CA and the WICB are stupid if they think a team like ours can rock up and be competitive with a practice schedule like that. It's time the WICB insisted on real preperation. Our youngsters need all the preparation they can get and it's instructive that our batsmen got significantly better as the tour progressed (still rubbish though obviously).

- Marlon Samuels needs to go. Not only has he stopped scoring test runs but his attitude on the field has been dreadful. Yes we need senior players but only those with good attitudes. I would choose a 40 year old Shiv over Marlon in a heartbeat.

- Kemar Roach and the bowling in general, which had been our strenght in recent times, was incredibly disappointing. Jerome Taylor had a pretty decent year so I'll give him a bit of leeway but Roach is just not the same bowler and he needs to be replaced by Miguel Cummins or someone with a bit of pace and verve. Hopefully Kemar can get some FC cricket under his belt and return to the World Class bowler he can be.

- Warrican looks a handy left arm spinner but he defiitely shouldn't be playing ahead of Bishoo. His selection ahead of Bishoo in the first test was bizarre.

-On the plus side it was good to see Darren Bravo and Kraigg Braithwaite bat so well and Carlos Braithwaite looks a handy addition to the side. The batting lineup for now should be:

Kraigg Braithwaite
Rajendra Chandrika (gets the next series)
Jermaine Blackwood (number 3 for Jamaica, adds more positivity to the top order)
Darren Bravo
Shane Dowrich (should never have been dropped)
Denesh Ramdin
Jason Holder
Carlos Braithwaite
Devendra Bishoo
Jerome Taylor
Miguel Cummins/Jamal Warrican

Obviosuly still a very weak side but there is at least something to build on. Everyone in that side has a good attitude (except possibly Taylor who is a bit lazy) and that is going to be important moving forward.

Finally, if anyone thought we would seriously manufacture a chase for Australia they are just not thinking logically. This team needs to learn how to compete and fight. Losing 3-0 was going to do nothing but further damage confidence and boost Australia's ranking.
Well, you'll get still get 3 test match series at home. Maybe Warrican should bat 4/5. Average of 65!

Beamer

Well, you'll get still get 3 test match series at home. Maybe Warrican should bat 4/5. Average of 65!
Please don't joke about that as I suspect the only reason Roach played the 3rd test is that his lower order batting had been solid....

Things got that bad.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I'm not doubting Samuels has had a poor attitude. But if he really can't be bothered for test cricket why does he keep committing himself to the WI instead of chasing the money in t20 like bravo Gayle and Russell have

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm not doubting Samuels has had a poor attitude. But if he really can't be bothered for test cricket why does he keep committing himself to the WI instead of chasing the money in t20 like bravo Gayle and Russell have
He's not playing BBL ever again.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Brathwaite
Johnson
Bravo
Fudadin
Blackwood
Dowrich +
Holder *
Brathwaite
Bishoo
Taylor
Gabriel

is my new XI for the WI. Whatever happened to Fudadin? Seemed semi-competent in his limited Test showings, inexplicably got dropped, still makes runs in 4 day cricket but is seemingly nowhere near the side.

TNT

Banned
- Our preparation for the tour was diabolical. Both CA and the WICB are stupid if they think a team like ours can rock up and be competitive with a practice schedule like that. It's time the WICB insisted on real preperation. .
How does that work, the WICB are going to insist to the WICB that they schedule more warm up matches.

cnerd123

likes this
What happened to Adrian Barath?
This must be the 5th time I've seen this question in the last few months

Got injured, played domestix but sucked, lost motivation, has taken a sabbatical from the game. Last played FC cricket in April 2014.

Athlai

Not Terrible
This must be the 5th time I've seen this question in the last few months

Got injured, played domestix but sucked, lost motivation, has taken a sabbatical from the game. Last played FC cricket in April 2014.
Well TBF, why would anyone bother following this shambles.