• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Chris Gayle some sort of perverted misogynist or can everyone just settle down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnerd123

likes this
I read the thread. I even saw the video in question. I thought Gayle's behaviour could fairly be summarised as hitting on a reporter. PEWS disagreed. I wondered how he's characterise Gayle's behaviour, that's all. As ***ual harrassment, perhaps, or even verbal rape, who knows?
Nah if you read the thread you would know what PEWS takes issue with. I even repeated it since I agreed with him.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
you managed to miss points I didn't even realise I made
Well you asked me if I thought Gayle's behaviour was appropriate in an office workplace. I don't know the answer to that question because I always worked in hospitality. In my last job I frequently had female co-workers slap me on the arse for a laugh.

My answer to the thread title is "everyone can just settle down", but it appears that is too easy for some reason.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Well you asked me if I thought Gayle's behaviour was appropriate in an office workplace. I don't know the answer to that question because I always worked in hospitality. In my last job I frequently had female co-workers slap me on the arse for a laugh.

My answer to the thread title is "everyone can just settle down", but it appears that is too easy for some reason.
and if you, for whatever reason, wanted them to stop doing that you would have the right to do so in a professional environment. Judging by the response, apparently that doesn't apply for attractive females on TV.

smash84

The Tiger King
I read the thread. I even saw the video in question. I thought Gayle's behaviour could fairly be summarised as hitting on a reporter. PEWS disagreed. I wondered how he's characterise Gayle's behaviour, that's all. As ***ual harrassment, perhaps, or even verbal rape, who knows?
verbal rape?

What's that

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
and if you, for whatever reason, wanted them to stop doing that you would have the right to do so in a professional environment. Judging by the response, apparently that doesn't apply for attractive females on TV.
If I wanted them to stop doing it I shouldn't be a barman. I'm there to help people have fun and unwind, not to get uptight about crap that isn't important to me.

What is it that Chris Gayle did that the reporter has a right to stop him doing it?

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
verbal rape?

What's that
When I went back and read the thread in response to *****'s comment, it occurred to me that there is a big slippery slope fallacy being made here where saying someone has nice eyes is believed to be on the slippery slope to being a rapist.

smash84

The Tiger King
When I went back and read the thread in response to *****'s comment, it occurred to me that there is a big slippery slope fallacy being made here where saying someone has nice eyes is believed to be on the slippery slope to being a rapist.
:blink:

cnerd123

likes this
Chris Gayle has never worked in an office so it is okay for him to treat the reporter as though he were picking up chicks in a bar. Preferrably the same bar with women slapping kiwivictor on the arse for a job well done. So can we all chill out now?

Someone pass me the J.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
If she wanted Chris Gayle to stop hitting on her she shouldn't have been a cricket interviewer.

Oh wait...
That's just silly.

Maybe Gayle thought she looked particularly uptight (in retrospect, very accurately) and tried to loosen her up a bit with a joke? Maybe that's how you build a rapport in Jamaica?

Maybe Gayle is yet another victim of the common phenomenon in which the high level of eye contact made by a Westerner is interpreted by a non-Westerner as either aggression (in men) or a mating signal (in women)?

Gayle might have genuinely believed he saw a mating signal from the reporter. If he did, that makes his comments appropriate.

If Gayle made a mistake it was in seeing an invitation when there wasn't one. Anyone on this forum who denies they've ever made the same mistake hasn't lived imo.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This page makes my head hurt. Well, much of the thread does tbf, but particularly this page.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Chris Gayle has never worked in an office so it is okay for him to treat the reporter as though he were picking up chicks in a bar. Preferrably the same bar with women slapping kiwivictor on the arse for a job well done. So can we all chill out now?

Someone pass me the J.
I still want to know more

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now picturing kiwiviktor working at a bar explaining to a disinterested Chris Gayle how Michael Bevan was a scrub-tier player, while getting his butt slapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.