• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry but this pitch is rubbish

When a spinner takes a chunk out of the pitch on the first morning, you know something is seriously amiss
Pitches all around the world are rubbish in that case, it's becoming more and more difficult to produce good pitches, Australia's had terrible pitches for the longest time now, just run fest after run fest.

The irony of it all is that a pitch like this gives SA/other opposition teams a chance, if this was slightly more flatter SA would have had no chance at all of winning this game, so the hate is surprising lol.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry but this pitch is rubbish

When a spinner takes a chunk out of the pitch on the first morning, you know something is seriously amiss
It's unusual because it doesn't happen often. That doesn't make it rubbish. I'd love it if more pitches spun from day 1.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Hey guys, would your rather have 600 v. 600 pitches that India used to have and Australia still does or would you prefer this where only truly skilled batsman can score any runs?

If your answer is neither and want us to replicate Capetown in Nagpur, you need to get off the meds.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbh these pitches are much better than stat-padding contests but just like Australian/English pitches they're doctored to juice up the home team.

It's sweeter tasting poison if anything.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I mean we dealt with a Lords pitch which was basically a garden and any bowler who bowled full and 130 kph was moving it 3 miles with nobody complaining about the pitch. A pitch with true spin and movement on the first day here and the toys are out.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
I mean we dealt with a Lords pitch which was basically a garden and any bowler who bowled full and 130 kph was moving it 3 miles with nobody complaining about the pitch. A pitch with true spin and movement on the first day here and the toys are out.
yeah nothing wrong with this pitch, it's the ones that offer nothing to anyone that we've seen in the UAE or recently in Australia that are the problem

harsh.ag

This pitch is definitely not rubbish. The spin and bounce have been quite consistent. And there is reverse on show. Difficult for batsmen from first day =/= bad pitch.

Weird to see Kohli and Pujara not putting away bad balls. Should have had at least 2 boundaries in the last over. Even the full toss was gently played.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think turning tracks would be more popular if it encourage sides to pick their best spin attacks to take advantage of it. But I doubt that Jadeja and Mishra are two of the best three spinners in India? It seems like a side that's been picked to bat all the way down.

FTR I am on record of saying India should pick 6 batsmen. 8 batsmen not so much

Teja.

Global Moderator
I think turning tracks would be more popular if it encourage sides to pick their best spin attacks to take advantage of it. But I doubt that Jadeja and Mishra are two of the best three spinners in India? It seems like a side that's been picked to bat all the way down.

FTR I am on record of saying India should pick 6 batsmen. 8 batsmen not so much
If Jadeja averaged 6 with the bat, he'd still be my first pick in the XI for this pitch.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
But I doubt that Jadeja and Mishra are two of the best three spinners in India?
It's debatable, but I think the selectors have picked them as such, irrespective of their batting.

I'd make the argument that MIshra is generally, and Jadeja certainly will be on a surface like this.

Who else would you suggest? India's spin depth isn't what many would think.

harsh.ag

They are. Ojha was better, but we now know was taken off because of a doubtful action which was then remodeled. Jadeja just tore up the Ranji with 38 wickets in 4 games before this series.

Ojha is still doing well in Ranji. The others to watch out for are Shahbaz Nadeem, Akshay Wakhare, and Karn Sharma.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Watched most of the first session and this is a perfectly good pitch for Test cricket. I've always found it interesting the way people are so anti pitches that suit spinners right from the word go. Why is it that it's okay for a team to pick 4 seamers and no spin options on a deck that suits it, but it'd be an outrage if we had a surface requiring only spinners?

There's no rule that pace bowlers have to make up the majority of your attack, it's just the way it's always been. Having an occasional game that focuses on spin bowling throughout, as opposed to just the 3rd/4th innings, is fine by me.