• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

indiaholic

International Captain
"Sidharth Monga points out the no-ball that got AB's wicket was Jadeja's first overstepping no-ball in Tests"

cnerd123

likes this
"Sidharth Monga points out the no-ball that got AB's wicket was Jadeja's first overstepping no-ball in Tests"
*first time he has been called for an overstepping no-ball.

He may have bowled dozens before, but since they didn't take wickets the lazy ****s who umpire these games didn't call them.

zzz

SeamUp

International Coach
I would take parity or a 20 run lead on this pitch which could be so crucial.

Think Elgar summed the pitch up well. There is a difference between a result-wicket and good cricket-wicket. As the touring team, you just have to suck it up and fight on.

I guess another way to look at it is how the players played on uncovered wickets back in the 50s and 60s and before and didn't moan. Separates men from the boys.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The problem with no-balls at the moment is its neither one thing or the other... the on-field umpires not making the call (when its close) as they have technology back-up. But when the wicket falls they automatically check. So either the umpire must just make the call or take the pressure off him and have the 3rd umpire do it from the box automatically, all it would require is a quick word in the ear of the on-field umpire . Both of these have there issues... but at least it becomes clear cut. I like the idea of the 3rd umpire calling it..

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
*first time he has been called for an overstepping no-ball.

He may have bowled dozens before, but since they didn't take wickets the lazy ****s who umpire these games didn't call them.

zzz
I think they pick the no balls, but let the ones they're unsure of slide until there's a wicket. It's not like they aren't watching at all. They picked Rabada's up just fine.

cnerd123

likes this
I think they pick the no balls, but let the ones they're unsure of slide until there's a wicket. It's not like they aren't watching at all. They picked Rabada's up just fine.
Thats a huge problem IMO.

I think the 3D umpire should call all no-balls too tbh. They have the view of the camera pointing at the crease zoomed in, and can just communicate to the onfield umpire whenever there is a no-ball. We can get the call made almost instantaneously then and don't have to wait for all this referring ****.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Umpires at least must inform the bowlers if they are really getting close to bowling edge of the line. Jadeja was probably getting closer to the edge before and that was not the only one where he got Abdv, had umpires warned him he would have been aware

cnerd123

likes this
I have a feeling Kohli is going to go all #Aggression and start the next session with Aaron and Yadav bowling short at ABDV

harsh.ag

Thats a huge problem IMO.

I think the 3D umpire should call all no-balls too tbh. They have the view of the camera pointing at the crease zoomed in, and can just communicate to the onfield umpire whenever there is a no-ball. We can get the call made almost instantaneously then and don't have to wait for all this referring ****.
Hear the 2D umpires are against that.

StephenZA

Wait.. why is there a controversy here? I just saw the replay and it's a clear no-ball.
I agree... it was the fact it was called so late and the whole after the fact thing that is getting everybody upset..... And Yes I do get the irony that these comments where not made yesterday with the Rabada no-ball dismissal!!

Edit: But I do realize he had been called twice before... so I can understand.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Wait.. why is there a controversy here? I just saw the replay and it's a clear no-ball.
Nah it wasn't clear at all. At best, it was a 50-50. In case of a 50-50, the umpire's call (i.e. not called no-ball) should stand.

duffer

Do Channel 9 have it in their contracts that all commentators must try to be funny? So lame.

edit: Aaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhh

Last edited: