• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia 2015

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mark Waugh is an Aussie
He wore the baggy cap
When he saw the bookies cash
He said,"I'm having that!"
He split it up with Warney
They went and had some beers
And when the ACB found out
They covered it up for years.
Very good.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
General warning to all involved. More a case of "we know Gnske has a really poor sense of humour, no need to get all nationalistic over it" type thing.

I just want everybody to play nice and not take bad jokes as anything other than bad jokes :(
Aw I'm a fan of Gnske 's jokes. Probably says more about my sense of humour than anything else though.

TheJediBrah

massive fuss made about these "unsafe conditions"

can't help but sound like a bit of a dummy spit more than anything, doubt the game would have been abandoned if the touring side was 1/500.

And people complaining about "inadequate preparations" and implying that Cricket Australia somehow shortchanged the tourists need to get their heads back on straight. NZ have had 3 tour games, 1 a 4 dayer than was shortened into a 3 dayer then a 2 dayer on request of NZ. If you're going to complain about preparations that's whose "fault" it is.

meanwhile the last time Australia had a tour match of any kind on a tour of NZ was the year 2000. Seriously. Over 15 years ago. The last 2 tours they didn't even have a single game.

whingers gonna whinge

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I love that the NZers declared twice - rather than a mutual abandoment of the game. Infers the Aussies wanted to continue.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
massive fuss made about these "unsafe conditions"

can't help but sound like a bit of a dummy spit more than anything, doubt the game would have been abandoned if the touring side was 1/500.

And people complaining about "inadequate preparations" and implying that Cricket Australia somehow shortchanged the tourists need to get their heads back on straight. NZ have had 3 tour games, 1 a 4 dayer than was shortened into a 3 dayer then a 2 dayer on request of NZ. If you're going to complain about preparations that's whose "fault" it is.

meanwhile the last time Australia had a tour match of any kind on a tour of NZ was the year 2000. Seriously. Over 15 years ago. The last 2 tours they didn't even have a single game.

whingers gonna whinge

There's been no whinging or complaining from the NZ camp. They're simply doing what they have to do to prepare for a test series. That doesn't involve playing on rolled mud, funnily enough

I think you haven't properly researched this topic so I'll set things straight:
- No pace bowler has bowled on this pitch after the 80th over, in the interests of player safety; hence why Tom Latham took the only wicket (other notable bowler Brendon McCullum apparently had a good LBW shout)
- Both teams agreed that it was unfit for first class cricket
- The match was initially shortened because the pitch was so different from expected playing conditions that there's little point in even playing on it. And then it was deemed to actually unsuitable for cricket.
Again, they're just doing the sensible thing in order to prepare properly for the test series.

Pretty embarrassing for CA that they prepared a rolled mud pitch.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
There's been no whinging or complaining from the NZ camp. They're simply doing what they have to do to prepare for a test series. That doesn't involve playing on rolled mud, funnily enough

- No pace bowler has bowled on this pitch after the 80th over, in the interests of player safety; hence why Tom Latham took the only wicket (other notable bowler Brendon McCullum apparently had a good LBW shout)
- The match was initially shortened because the pitch was so different from expected playing conditions that there's little point in even playing on it. And then it was deemed to actually unsuitable for cricket.
Again, they're just doing the sensible thing in order to prepare properly for the test series.

Broken Australia.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh my goodness..what happened here? Just saw the score.

Why do they play cricket in that ****ty ground in Blacktown? Seriously?

Top_Cat

Indeed and, to the contrary, we have CW's own Jimmy Neesham claiming their prep has even been better than the Aussies'. Compare that to some of the Aussies who can't stop talking about the pink ball to the point where Sutherland has felt the need to basically tell them to just get on with it. Handy ready-made excuse for the Adelaide Test to have in the holster, though.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have no doubt that the pitch was "crap" (you cant score 500 - 1 if that's not the case) but the Kiwi excuses ring hollow

If it was dangerous for batting then the score wouldn't be 500 - 1

If the footholes are an issue then change your release point as bowlers have been doing for more than 100 years

flibbertyjibber

So basically they wanted a road for this match so got a British council to put it down and it went to rat**** with potholes appearing everywhere in no time at all.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Looking forward to Mitch Johnson and co warming up on a similar quality pitch against the Temuka seconds on the return leg.

Spikey

who says we're even gonna do the tour after this arrogant display from the kiwis