• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the Oval

FBU

International Debutant
Rogers Warner Watson Smith Clarke Marsh Nevil Johnson Starc Siddle Lyon? Watson is in the ODI squad he might as well get some practice :)

SillyPointDaz

Cricket Spectator
Really looking forward to this one and it will be interesting to see how both teams go about it. We England have already won the Ashes but to win 4-1 would be the icing on the cake! With Michael Clarke and a few others looking at their final test matches for Australia, they will want to bow out on a high! Oh and Adam Lyth, looking over his shoulders at whether he will be picked in the upcoming tour of the UAE, he will desperately want some runs.

SillyPointDaz

Cricket Spectator
He might not feel so much pressure with it being his final test match. Hopefully he can just go out there and play with freedom!

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
For the game against Northamptonshire, Smarsh is opening again and MMarsh is listed at 5 ahead of Watto (according to cricinfo)...if Smarsh is to stay at #4 for Test, why wouldn't you open with Watto...oh I know, Watto would probably score a ton and embarrass the selectors ;)

Compton

International Debutant
Probably trying to give the poor bloke a chance. He finds all sorts of inventive ways to get pad on ball, it'd be cruel to have him face the new ball.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
For the game against Northamptonshire, Smarsh is opening again and MMarsh is listed at 5 ahead of Watto (according to cricinfo)...if Smarsh is to stay at #4 for Test, why wouldn't you open with Watto...oh I know, Watto would probably score a ton and embarrass the selectors ;)
The only way Watto has ever embarrassed the selectors is by their continual persistence with him in the test team in spite of his actual output.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
How are Australia gonna let a journeyman club bowler from the Middlesex league score 140 against them? Just go home man.

FBU

International Debutant
If Nevill was injured I think Warner would keep wicket. He has done it before.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Anyone else been disappointed in Smiths innings since Lords? We really needed him to standup but played some loose shots. I can see how maybe conditions caught him out at Edgbaston but TB shouldn't have been a surprise. Maybe his great form for the last year has upped my expectations but we just needed an innings of maturity and that plus match awareness were lacking.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone else been disappointed in Smiths innings since Lords? We really needed him to standup but played some loose shots. I can see how maybe conditions caught him out at Edgbaston but TB shouldn't have been a surprise. Maybe his great form for the last year has upped my expectations but we just needed an innings of maturity and that plus match awareness were lacking.
I think most people have, tbf. Some of his dismissals have looked ugly as sin.