• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

91Jmay

International Coach
412 a good target. Gave it away a bit but positive, attacking mentality clear to see so it happens at times. Night to rest and then come out and attack with new ball.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Wee bit disappointing that we've allowed Australia to keep the door slightly ajar instead of slamming it shut.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Overall I think Australia bowled pretty well today. Fairly good signs for the rest of the series. Would like to see some good application with the bat tomorrow even if 412 ends up being out of reach.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mark Wood might be my new favourite person.

Almost a great day but we should have put them out the game.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ok. So 412 is the target.Don't play shots against the spinner like in the 1st innings. There is absolutely no hurry. Make sure that you have 2 batsmen at the crease when Anderson come back with the 2nd new ball. I mean 2 batsmen - not Watson and Haddin.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I'm a pessimist but even at 300 I was confident. 412 on this wicket isn't going to happen imo. Wood and Broad will have deliveries going along the ground tomorrow - and some jumping. Full and straight. Might be slow but every ball is bouncing differently and there is still plenty of movement through the air.

Rogers and Voges are the two with the best chance of doing something as they have plenty of experience of this type of English wicket - even if they aren't as good as some of the other bats.

Last edited: