• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was so hoping we would get sporting pitches for this series, to have something fun, positive and engaging to watch. Something approaching a distraction from the most horrifyingly bleak time that this has been. Instead, we've been greeted with another doctored, slow, turgid piece of gutter slop. Uninspiring conditions. Uninspiring dismissals. Garbage. Negative, needlessly attritional garbage. I watched two sessions on day 1 and maybe one and a half today. I have never been so *bored* of the brand being displayed.

I don't care who's winning. Give us something worth turning on the television for. PLEASE stop doctoring wickets. You are making this **** less fun.
Stop it, you're making it too much fun for the English posters.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
That was a bit of an odd dismissal. Just missed it by miles.

Really don't think Johnson has been as bad as his figures suggest, quite good in this innings.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bell would be a really bad downhill skier if he hadn't got loads of runs in pressure situations.
Kinda overstating it here. He's made pressure runs, sure, who hasn't? But he's done so much skiiing it's kind of laughable.

And he's gone. Piss off, Bell. No pumping your average today.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
England have looked quite scratchy/lucky with the bat during this innings IMO, been an abnormal amount of edges plus plays and misses outside off. Johnson has definitely bowled better this his figures suggest overall but he was quite underwhelming in the 1st innings nonetheless.

Broad and Anderson bowled superbly this morning.