• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2015

Antihippy

International Debutant
Missed a significant portion of the play so far, but going back to read the posts, did the pitch flatten out? From what I've seen the pitch is as flat as a pancake.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I saw the 2nd hour only and it was still moving off the seam a bit. Think a lot is the bowling quality. Taylor was getting swing and seam.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
This WI team reminds me of some of the club sides I've played for. The ones where you find out the morning of the match that 3 of the team were on the piss last night and can't play. So your down an opening bowler, your best spinner and a batter who can bowl a bit. So now your team balance is off. Your gun opening bowler gets 2 wickets early to have you in it but deep down you know your ****ed. The replacement opening bowler is poor and the other 2 guys are ok but how will you get wickets? Even worse how do you bowl 90 without a 5th bowling option without wrecking your gun bowler?
haha yup...that sinking feeling even with the early success.

dermo

I know uninformed australians will probably be saying this all test but what's happened to roach? I barely follow west indies cricket but he was so gun a few years back.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know uninformed australians will probably be saying this all test but what's happened to roach? I barely follow west indies cricket but he was so gun a few years back.
He was gun a few months back. That injury in South Africa seems to have affected his form a lot. Been pretty bad since then.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Goddamn.

If they only have 3 bowlers and an all-rounder on this pitch I can see quite a few careers shortening just from the workload.

Spark

Global Moderator
Still looks like someone who's short of batting tbh. Looks fine in terms of footwork and timing, but hasn't got the tempo right in either of these two innings.

Beamer

I have a really bad feeling about this match. I'm all for rebuilding the batting lineup and feel this is the right time but you have to have some experience in there. Darren Bravo is still learning himself and Ramdin is the only senior left batting as low as 7.

This could be a 150 all out in both innings job unless someone plays an outstanding individual innings and inspires the others.

As for Permaul, he's so far below Bishoo's level, it's not even close. Australia will have the better spinner as well as quicks in this match, our one area of superiority in Dominica is gone.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was gun a few months back. That injury in South Africa seems to have affected his form a lot. Been pretty bad since then.
Seems to have a severe case of Broaditis. We know he is a good bowler but is taking an age to find form after an injury.

The scary thing is he bowled worse today than against us a few weeks ago.

Tangles

That would be holder right?

They need genuine bowlers.
Debatable but I think Holder is a bowling all rounder. Watson is a batter who bowls. Plus Holder is playing this game as a bowler. They lack a batter who can bowl something other than filth. So no 5th bowling option.

Spark

Global Moderator
Looks very easy out there tbh. Clarke will be filthy with himself, thrown away a big score here.