• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seriously, NZ's bowling would have to be quite below par for them to not win this series. Indeed Henry might turn out to to be the difference between the two sides.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Nah, there's a chance we're gonna be terribly underdone for at least the first two days of the test. Hopefully we don't fall too far behind in that time.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Both teams will want to bowl first upon winning the toss. It would be funny if it is a road and the Duke doesn't swing much on the first day (unlikely I know).

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, and even if the bowlers perform to their best, it's hard to come back into a match when the batsmen get shot out for under 100.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Match had better last until day 4. Will be seriously hacked off if ineptitude from either side costs me a day's jolly at Lord's.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, there's a chance we're gonna be terribly underdone for at least the first two days of the test. Hopefully we don't fall too far behind in that time.
Batting wise we will be, definitely. I wouldn't think the bowlers would have as many issues, although obviously not nearly as ideal if Southee and Boult at least played in Worcester.

spudungeyee

Cricket Spectator
Can't see NZ winning the first test just for the fact they are soooo under cooked. English conditions in May are bad enough but even worse when you haven't hit a ball here.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I'm hoping you're right, the Worcs players certainly rated Henry as the most difficult bowler they faced. Have a horrible feeling McHesson will go with Bracewell as the incumbent or even Wagner. Hope I'm wrong.. Henry with a duke-ball at Lords is a mouth-watering proposition.
Order of preference (mine anyway) for third seamer would be Henry, Wagner, Bracewell, but yeah knowing McHesson's belief in giving players an extended run (which has no doubt served the team well) it's likely to be Dougeh.

Still, they were willing to drop Rutherford to give Latham a debut in the first Windies test llast year and it turned out well. So there's hope for the Matt Henry camp yet.