• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Match - New Zealand v Sri Lanka

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Your position was even better at the 20th over.
That's meaningless, the equation is the equation. NZ stumbled in the middle overs at 4.5 an over & no SL batsman will do a Taylor and use up 28 deliveries for 14 runs.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Cake:Icing ratio is where this game is at. Our bowlers need to eat all the cake because theres no icing.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gambhiring at it's finest.
Yeah, because it's clearly beyond SL to score 7.2 an over for 30 overs with Sanga, Mahela & Mathews still in hand. You honestly think it's outrageous to suggest they could?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah, because it's clearly beyond SL to score 7.2 an over for 30 overs with Sanga, Mahela & Mathews still in hand. You honestly think it's outrageous to suggest they could?
We're still on top. It's a difficult task.

See?

viriya

International Captain
It's not, but they are not favored by any measure. Two quick wickets and it's game over. You forget that SL don't have hitters like Anderson and Ronchi.

And yea there's the first blow.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
My money's on SL. I picked them to beat NZ in our world cup work draw. TBH I don't care what happens as long as NZ can make it to the quarters. From there you only have to win three games in a row to win the WC.

viriya

International Captain
Was just gonna say if Thiri makes it to 75 or so it'd be his best ever ODI innings..

It's all calculated to keep Boult in the side for the inevitable semifinal clash. NZ will regret this.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
I don't hate any of the NZ players. I think Boult's selection is justified. He's played very well at this ground. Milne is my main concern. I know he's improved heaps but aside from a bit of pace (which he's low on these days) he doesn't offer us much.