• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
To narrate the whole thing. Gavaskar said the wrong decision wasn't the reason he staged an almost walk off. It was because of the abuses hurled after the decision. Despite the strong views he held against abusing he said that he should not have done it. He was the captain and he should have let tempers be inside the dressing room. He also said he did not like pushing Chetan Chauhan in the heat of things whom they all respected. Said it still made him guilty when he saw it.

dognutz

U19 12th Man
Not surprised to see bowlers cramping up....it's s a hot sticky day in Brisbane - I'm dripping just watching it and I'm in the shade. This last session could be ugly for Australia. If India don't capitalise now they never will.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Gavaskar basically becoming a tail ender when Lillee bowled is why he can't be rated in the truly top echelon of all time opening batsmen. Did well here on the 77-78 and 85-86 tours when we had joke attacks riven by WSC and Rebel Tour defections. That aside, he was a liability here, which means he's cod ordinary.

Murali Vijay >>>>>>>> Gavaskar in Australia.
How many times did Gavaskar get a wrong decision in Australia? A fair few times I would think.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To narrate the whole thing. Gavaskar said the wrong decision wasn't the reason he staged an almost walk off. It was because of the abuses hurled after the decision. Despite the strong views he held against abusing he said that he should not have done it. He was the captain and he should have let tempers be inside the dressing room. He also said he did not like pushing Chetan Chauhan in the heat of things whom they all respected. Said it still made him guilty when he saw it.
Hmmmm, I don't know. The way he said it made it seem as though he was more disappointed about the fact that he made a senior member walk off as if he was ordering him around instead of it actually being a **** thing to do.

Burgey

That's patent bull****. Anyone who saw that incident knows Gavaskar blew up at the lbw, and when he did, Lillee rightly pointed out he should go. This is the worst kind of revisionism by a rank **** on Gavaskar's part.

Shaun Marsh, you spud.

Zinzan

hahaha, when's the last time a batsman didn't notice they were on a hundred?
The only time I can recall is Craig McMillan having to be told by Brendon McCullum that he'd got his 100 in the Hadlee/Chappell whitewash of 2007.