• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love it when bad umpiring decisions go against India.. The umpires should band together and fk them over repeatedly till their cricket board relents.. I so genuinely hope both kohli and pujara get out to absolutely shockers in the 2nd innings while Cook is given multiple lives on his way to an unwatchable 100...
I don't agree with the point that you don't have any pity for bad decisions going against Indian batsmen, but I agree with this post tbh. Sometimes I'm just filled with this sick desire of seeing Kohli get howlers in a close test loss for us, not because I want to see bad decisions spoil a game, but because that very fact (a bad decision costing India a match) would be the only thing might get the BCCI to reverse it's frustrating stand on the issue. Would knock some sense into them.

Bitter pill before acche din and all that.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Number 11's must score more runs against England than any other country. We've been so dire bowling at tailenders without Fred/Swann to some extent.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Number 11's must score more runs against England than any other country. We've been so dire bowling at tailenders without Fred/Swann to some extent.
Yep that's why it annoys me when an England player is slated for just getting out tail-enders. Could do with prime GBH or Monty ATM.

viriya

International Captain
Can Ali justify his place going at 6 runs/over? Not sure Eng have anyone decent to replace him with though.. Is Monty just a disciplinary issue or is he bowling badly as well?

King Pietersen

International Captain
Just been dropped by Essex due to poor form. Monty shouldn't ever play for England again. Time to give Kerrigan another go for me.

Spark

Global Moderator
Can Ali justify his place going at 6 runs/over? Not sure Eng have anyone decent to replace him with though.. Is Monty just a disciplinary issue or is he bowling badly as well?
It's not as if batted a whole day and almost saved a Test match...

viriya

International Captain
Just been dropped by Essex due to poor form. Monty shouldn't ever play for England again. Time to give Kerrigan another go for me.
In that case why not just bring in Jordan for Ali? Not like spin is essential especially vs a side that milks it all day.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wasn't picked on batting alone though. If he can't perform the role he was selected in then he needs to either be selected in a different role or get dropped. It wouldn't be unreasonable to drop him if they lost faith in his bowling as he wouldn't have been selected in the first place without it, especially since I'm sure he'd still be regarded the worst batsman in the middle order.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Moeen has justified his place as a batsman, and should play at #6. Plunkett or Stokes should depart in favour of a proper spinner. I'd personally like to keep Plunkett around, been impressed by him since he returned, so Stokes out, Kerrigan in for me.

viriya

International Captain
Eng's biggest problem this series is that Anderson and Broad will get bowled to death.. if the spinner can't even bowl 20 overs while your main strike bowler bowls 35, there's a problem.. I can't see how Jordan would do worse than Ali here - most likely better at finishing off the tail as well.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wasn't picked on batting alone though. If he can't perform the role he was selected in then he needs to either be selected in a different role or get dropped. It wouldn't be unreasonable to drop him if they lost faith in his bowling as he wouldn't have been selected in the first place without it, especially since I'm sure he'd still be regarded the worst batsman in the middle order.
His primary role is as a batsman, surely.

Spark

Global Moderator
Eng's biggest problem this series is that Anderson and Broad will get bowled to death.. if the spinner can't even bowl 20 overs while your main strike bowler bowls 35, there's a problem.. I can't see how Jordan would do worse than Ali here - most likely better at finishing off the tail as well.
I'm sure that Jordan would do magnificently batting at #6 or #7. Can't see anything wrong with that idea at all.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah it would be though. Regardless of the initial merits of a selection, once you're picked in the top six and you actually perform - especially if you perform in the way he did - you keep your place. The initial logic behind the selection becomes irrelevant at that point unless you have a gun batsman coming back after injury or your team is wildly imbalanced as a result. Neither of those are true here.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
TBF Stokes at 8 means you can mitigate that problem pretty easily, but the thought of Jordan at #6 is still hilarious.