• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Credit where it's due - Mills at the death was pretty good, especially by his usual standards. The rest, though... *sigh*

Zinzan

Given it's a slower wicket, I don't think NZ can afford a slow start like India did even if they do keep wickets in hand. Get after the new ball should be the trick.

Blocky

Banned
Nah, 62 off the last 10 is crap with two set batsman at Hamilton.

100 off the last 10 is pretty standard.
Meh, when it's Jadeja and not much behind him, you should be looking to take at least a wicket or two in those final ten. I feel like they should've ended up at 245-250 - not 278. Even so, I put NZ in the box seat so long as the batting order isn't held up by "he who can apparently not be named"

OverratedSanity

Let me just say I'm delighted no matter what happens in this game. We've now dropped all of Ishant Sharma, Yuvraj, and Raina. Landmark moment in our cricketing history

Burgey

Who'es the earnest young Indian fellow on my "television" who just pointed at the camera before cutting away to an ad break? Seems a pretty decent presenter.

Burgey

Dhoni has just been superb all series. Phenomenal player.
It's impossible to overstate how important a player like Dhoni is in a LO side. He's just an absolute banker. You know he's going to score runs in most every innings he plays, and the opposition knows it too. He's just a ridiculous LO player. It's so incredibly rare to see him stuff up the pace of an innings, whether batting first or chasing (especially chasing). You might think at the time that he's pacing it wrong, but then when you atually assess conditions/ state of the innings/ wickets in hand/ overs left, he really just gets it right time after time. His match awareness when he's batting is as good as I've ever seen. Great player.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Let me just say I'm delighted no matter what happens in this game. We've now dropped all of Ishant Sharma, Yuvraj, and Raina. Landmark moment in our cricketing history
Remind me - has Raina been that bad in ODIs lately?

I think his role in our World Cup win is often forgotten. Was vital in the quarter vs. Aus and especially vital in the semi vs. Pak. I'd take him to the World Cup next year.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Meh, when it's Jadeja and not much behind him, you should be looking to take at least a wicket or two in those final ten. I feel like they should've ended up at 245-250 - not 278. Even so, I put NZ in the box seat so long as the batting order isn't held up by "he who can apparently not be named"
I think India will win by about 20 runs. Just don't have much faith in us batting under pressure.

OverratedSanity

Since September 2011, Dhoni's stats are:

53 matches, 1842 runs @ an average of 80.08 ,SR 97.46

Ridiculous

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Man, 126/0 from the last 16 overs (96 balls). Top batting but our bowling is so frustrating. I could accept 250-260 from that position, but 278 is more than India should have got.

Time for Ryder and McCullum to do something this series.

Daemon

Remind me - has Raina been that bad in ODIs lately?

I think his role in our World Cup win is often forgotten. Was vital in the quarter vs. Aus and especially vital in the semi vs. Pak. I'd take him to the World Cup next year.
Yeah reckon he has a role to play as a lower order batsmen. He's just battles through the bouncers but eventually he gets exploited repeatedly by opposition fast bowlers and needs some serious work.