• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, this thread got fun since I last checked it.

Anyway, KP to play one his greatest innings tomorrow.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I loved how KP approached the final 10 minutes. I hope he makes a good score and looks to dominate. A batsman using his feet on a fizzing deck is exciting viewing.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
KP vs Ashwin-Ojha might be exciting contest indeed. I personally think Bell will do relatively well in this series too.

uvelocity

International Coach
Warne isn't the reason for lack of pace in pitches here. A drought which lasted the better part of a decade is
more than just the drought burgey, afl taking over, cricket dying in the arse, reckon pitches are going to stay down the drain regardless of weather

Last edited:

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
When does Adelaide start and real cricket, not this woeful **** with spinners bowling and the ball never bouncing above shin height? It's like watching a news reel from 1900 or so. It's laughable.

No wonder it's been thought a joke for 80 odd years. Like watching women's cricket ffs
Is somebody putting a gun to your head and asking you to watch it?

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Haha didn't expect Burgey to make this thread exciting. Expected the English fans like GIMH to get emotional here.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
The delivery from Ashwin to take out Compton was gold standard. Wonderfully flighted, lured the batsman forward and then dipped, pitched and viciously turned inward between the smallest of gaps between bat and pad to take out the stumps. Brilliant stuff!

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just woke up and saw the score... lol. This is going to be fun.
No it isn't. :ph34r:

Tomorrow's opening session decides the series, if England battle back they have hope of being competitive at times, if not then it looks odds on there will be a 4-0 scoreline. Fortunately they currently have their 2 best bats in and their best player of spin (Prior) to come. I'd be tempted to send Prior in next as Bell is usually a walking wicket against decent spin bowling.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Ashwin now averages 26 with the ball and 38 with the bat, half-way into his 10th test.

Wonder where he will end up overall.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashwin now averages 26 with the ball and 38 with the bat, half-way into his 10th test.

Wonder where he will end up overall.
Depends where he ends up batting, if he stays at 8 then his average should stay quite high as he will get a fair few not outs batting with the tail. Bowling i'd say any spinner who can get 200+ wickets at under 30 has had a bloody good career, only the greats average 25-26ish, don't think he is in that category and will level off at a similar level to Swann and Ajmal are now thus being a bloody good one.

If I was Fletcher I would give him a target now of over 30 with the bat and under 30 with the ball after 50+ tests. Has the talent to do it and if he gets close then India have a great player to build their team around in the future.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not the first time Burgey has tried to troll and it's backfired on him, resulting in him tweaking his initial stance on the topic and biting. Makes for good entertainment.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
If England were to get bowled out relatively early tommorow, should Dhoni enforce the follow on or keep batting?

I suppose conventional wisdom says to enforce it, but how awesome would it be if the English bowlers had to bowl again so soon after spending almost 2 days in the field