• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England 2012

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
So it relates to the tiny capacity of the ground?
At the risk of giving you great pleasure, yes, it does relate to the capacity of the ground.

In fact I've been a believer that they should increase the capacity of Lords for a while, not least because I made an attempt to get tickets for this fixture, and the same one in 2010, only to find the game was already sold out.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At the risk of giving you great pleasure, yes, it does relate to the capacity of the ground.

In fact I've been a believer that they should increase the capacity of Lords for a while, not least because I made an attempt to get tickets for this fixture, and the same one in 2010, only to find the game was already sold out.
What's the rules with weather refunds in England? They have a system here where if they don't play X overs you get a refund. I'm not sure what the figure is, but it used to be if they bowled one ball in the day your were ****ed. Thankfully they changed it.

hazsa19

International Regular
What's the rules with weather refunds in England? They have a system here where if they don't play X overs you get a refund. I'm not sure what the figure is, but it used to be if they bowled one ball in the day your were ****ed. Thankfully they changed it.
At a Test Match I believe you get a nowt back if 20 overs are bowled. Think you get half if it's between 10 and 20. Not sure about odi's, not attended one in a while.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Well I'm not sure on the rules for ODI's, but in tests, if they bowl less than 10 overs you get all your money back, and if they bowl less than 25 overs you get half your money back. The same thing applies with early finishes. So if you go to the 4th day and one team wins it in 20 overs you'd get half your money back.

Burgey

Well I'm not sure on the rules for ODI's, but in tests, if they bowl less than 10 overs you get all your money back, and if they bowl less than 25 overs you get half your money back. The same thing applies with early finishes. So if you go to the 4th day and one team wins it in 20 overs you'd get half your money back.
That sounds pretty reasonable, I imagine it's something similar here.

I mean, it could always be better but at least you get something.

Burgey

Wade clueless against the spin there. Should have been giving all the strike to Clarke.

Bit of a **** Wade. Always spits it in a demonstrative fashion when he's out.

As I said. Victorian.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wade clueless against the spin there. Should have been giving all the strike to Clarke.

Bit of a **** Wade. Always spits it in a demonstrative fashion when he's out.

As I said. Victorian.
He's an interesting case study, really. He's doing a lot to prove the theory that Victorian arsehatness is a learned behaviour that can be picked up later in life given he was born in, grew up in and has spent most of his life in Tasmania.

Last edited: