• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best all time XI for each country

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Only 10 players in the last one... a spinner to add maybe? Tayfield. (I'd have included Andy Flower as keeper, and maybe Shakib for Dev in the sub-continent xi, just to
keep it representatitve of all nations...)
Guess I can insert Lara or Tayfield. Might go for former and call upon Sobers for spin bowling even though that will be no contest against Warne or Murali on other two teams.

smash84

The Tiger King
if Imran were to captain the SC side, pretty sure he would choose the belligerence of MJ over Sam every day

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Anyone know enough of the associate teams to make an all-time XI?
This is based almost entirely on Intercontinental Cup stats/results so not perfect but it's a starting point I guess.

Arshad Ali (U.A.E)
Jeremy Bray (Ireland)
David Hemp (Bermuda)
Steve Tikolo (Kenya)
Ryan ten Doeschate (c) (Netherlands)
Niall O'Brien (Ireland)
Mohammad Shahzad (+) (Afghanistan)
Trent Johnston (Ireland)
Hiren Varaiya (Kenya)
Umar Bhatti (Canada)
Hamid Hassan (Afghanistan)

Hassan and Bhatti to open the bowling, Johnstone probably first change. Quality all-rounder in ten Doeschate. Varaiya is the main spin option, bowling left arm orthodox.

smash84

The Tiger King
This is based almost entirely on Intercontinental Cup stats/results so not perfect but it's a starting point I guess.

Arshad Ali (U.A.E)
Jeremy Bray (Ireland)
David Hemp (Bermuda)
Steve Tikolo (Kenya)
Ryan ten Doeschate (c) (Netherlands)
Niall O'Brien (Ireland)
Mohammad Shahzad (+) (Afghanistan)
Trent Johnston (Ireland)
Hiren Varaiya (Kenya)
Umar Bhatti (Canada)
Hamid Hassan (Afghanistan)

Hassan and Bhatti to open the bowling, Johnstone probably first change. Quality all-rounder in ten Doeschate. Varaiya is the main spin option, bowling left arm orthodox.

Good job dude.....maybe they can also have the bangers and Zim pool to choose from?

kyear2

International Coach
Will also attempt a team made up ofn the best players left out from each squad, would still be sromger than some of the 11's like S.R and N.Z.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Associates XI
  1. Will Porterfield (Ireland)
  2. John Davison (Canada)
  3. Mohammad Shahzad (Afghanistan)
  4. David Hemp (Bermuda)
  5. Ryan ten Doeschate (Netherlands)
  6. Niall O'Brien (Ireland) [+]
  7. Steve Tikolo (Kenya) [c]
  8. Bart King (USA)
  9. Roland Lefebvre (Netherlands)
  10. Hamid Hasan (Afghanistan)
  11. Ole Mortensen (Denmark)

George Dockrell (Ireland), Boyd Rankin (Ireland), Ashish Bagai (Canada) and Mohammad Nabi (Afghanistan) round out the squad.

Second XI (Played for Test Nations, but also qualified as Associates)
  1. Ed Joyce (Ireland & England)
  2. Michael di Venuto (Italy & Australia)
  3. Hamish Marshall (Ireland & New Zealand)
  4. Tom Cooper (Netherlands & Australia)1
  5. Eoin Morgan (Ireland & England)
  6. Clayton Lambert (USA & West Indies)
  7. Geriant Jones (PNG & England) [+]
  8. Joe Scuderi (Italy & Australia)1
  9. Gavin Hamilton (Scotland & England) [c]
  10. Dougie Brown (Scotland & England)
  11. Tim Murtagh (Ireland & England)1

1 Cooper, Scuderi and Murtagh all represented their Full-Member nation at U/19 level.

In the first XI, King and Mortensen to open the bowling. Hasan at first change with Lefebvre at second. Tikolo and Davison to share the spinners role, with ten Doeschate chipping in with overs.

Hamilton and Murtagh to open, Brown and Scuderi as change bowlers in the second XI. Tom Cooper as fifth bowler is a little weak, but I'm confident its the best XI I could come up with.

Last edited:

Debris

International 12th Man
For some reason, it seems really weird to see players from Italy. I just can't picture what an Italian cricket side looks like.

trapol

U19 12th Man
Ha i love these rubbish threads

You can all have your players from pre 1970 as they were all rubbish compared to today

picking players of yesteryear is like saying

Fred Perry is better than Federer
Pele is better than Messi
Bobby Jones is better than Tiger
Meads is better than anyone today
Bradman is better than Ponting
Babe Ruth is better than Pujols

ridiculous amateur rubbish from yesteryear arent anywhere like the players of today in all sports....

there you go

Migara

International Coach
Anyone know enough of the associate teams to make an all-time XI?
OK, here we go. I have added players from past as well.

Paul Stirling (IRE)
William Porterfild (IRE)
Mahadevan Sathasivam (SL)
Steve Tikolo (KEN)
Ryan ten Doschate (NED)
Niall O'Brien+ (IRE)
Maurice Odumbe (KEN)
John Davidson (CAN)
Hamid Hasan (AFG)
Dayasena Sahabandu (SL)
Boyd Rankin (IRE)

Sathasivam and Sahabandu simply were test quality in their day, so included them. Atha-li-Khan was good as well, but cannot think where to have him.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain

You can all have your players from pre 1970 as they were all rubbish compared to today

ridiculous amateur rubbish from yesteryear arent anywhere like the players of today in all sports....

there you go
Tendulkar > Bradman?

Jager

International Debutant

there you go
Troll I am assuming. Obviously there is some debate here, but not much at all. Bradman was a freak of nature. The others are more up for debate, except for Pele and Messi. Pele was a magician.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Jahangir Khan was also a freak, 555 consecutive wins in squash over a period of 5 years. That's the greatest winning streak in the history of sport.