• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

uvelocity

International Coach
burgey did you see the classic match before this one? vs NZ and Martyn ran out Tugga, refused to take the third, got an earful. Both ended up at non strikers.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think people wanted Wade before we all knew Haddin's extenuating circumstances tbf.

He's batted well here, mind. I'd say up til now he's been disappointing but he won't have played on many pitches like those he found in the first two tests.

Burgey

burgey did you see the classic match before this one? vs NZ and Martyn ran out Tugga, refused to take the third, got an earful. Both ended up at non strikers.
Haha, saw it the other night. I recall in the drawn test in 95, BJ was run out while batting with Tugga and I thought he was going to wrap the bat around his pretty boy head.

Should have.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Ravi looks about two stone overweight. House looks comfortable, Windies will struggle to prevent Aus getting 300 if they are not careful.

Spikey

Shot from Wade,that's four. Wade looks more than handy against the pace on this flat pitch. Not sure why the Aussies are circling on him, they all wanted him when Haddin was the incumbent.
Circling? A few of us are making our usual jokes whenever the opportunity arises for a joke. But there's no real "we should drop wade" movement. Maybe the odd criticism here and there but nothing too serious I would have thought

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Just me, or does Wade look a lot like M Hussey when batting? Sees the pacers delivery through to the keeper exactly like Hussey and smothers the spin a lot like him as well.

Burgey

Meanwhile, over at Leveson, James Murdoch is giving Alexander Downer at the AWB inquiry-like evidence. Comical stuff.

Burgey

Just me, or does Wade look a lot like M Hussey when batting? Sees the pacers delivery through to the keeper exactly like Hussey and smothers the spin a lot like him as well.
Finished off that defensive shot almost exactly like him right now too.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Be nice to see Wade make a 50 and guide the tail. He has looked out of his depth throughout the series, however will finish with a decent average and numerous starts. Given further exposure those starts will convert into substantial innings.

Spark

Global Moderator
Be nice to see Wade make a 50 and guide the tail. He has looked out of his depth throughout the series, however will finish with a decent average and numerous starts. Given further exposure those starts will convert into substantial innings.
Yeah whilst he's not looked comfortable, no one has and he's always put a price on his wicket and stuck around to build a partnership even if he himself doesn't score too many. In a series where the top score for us is 73, he's done alright.

flibbertyjibber

Yeah whilst he's not looked comfortable, no one has and he's always put a price on his wicket and stuck around to build a partnership even if he himself doesn't score too many. In a series where the top score for us is 73, he's done alright.
He has looked like he values his wicket more than Haddin does anyway.

Spikey

I'm somewhere in the middle of all these posts, like I don't think he's really looked out of depth that much. Maybe not batting as well as he does in the shield but of course he wouldn't, but he has a had few haddin-like shots (the main one this innings being the pull shot back to the bowler)

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Quintessential Wade innings this one. Gritty style, the occasional flourishing shot, if anyone has never seen him bat before, this is Wade.