• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

irfan

State Captain
From cricinfo comms

"When am I getting a call-up," asks one Ajit Agarkar

Haha, we really are that bad.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I can hardly recall many great reverse swing spells in the past decade in ODI's. No big loss, as it means more potent new ball spells.
Well like I said, its an issue in the subcontinent where reverse is easier to achieve and more useful than conventional swing (for the most part). On an Australian/SA pitch the opposite is true

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I can hardly recall many great reverse swing spells in the past decade in ODI's. No big loss, as it means more potent new ball spells.
Well like I said, its an issue in the subcontinent where reverse is easier to achieve and more useful than conventional swing (for the most part). One an Australian/SA pitch the opposite is true
Yeah, though i think there was reverse in the India vs England and India vs West Indies series even then. Remember both Yadav and Aaron getting it.

Noble One

Hardly a gamebreaking skill in ODI's these days. If a team is relying on reverse then the score is 3/250 after 40.

I much prefer the two new balls. Ensures the new ball swings for longer with attacking fields, and also removes the stupid change of ball at 34 over mark.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
@vinodkambli1972 says -

why indian team failing in aust? lack in will power & passion to win.poor commitment to perform.

Nitin Sundar ‏ @knittins replies -

Irony dies a silent death.

:laugh:
Haha, brilliant!

benchmark00

Okay I know Dhoni likes to start slow but this is ridiculous.
I reckon he's playing this well. He knows that if they get to 40 overs with 4 wickets in hand they could get get 80 odd in that 10 overs.

That leaves about 50 for this period of 9 overs.

Spark

Global Moderator
I reckon he's playing this well. He knows that if they get to 40 overs with 4 wickets in hand they could get get 80 odd in that 10 overs.

That leaves about 50 for this period of 9 overs.
You can be sensible without going at a pace which would look glacial in Test matches.

Spikey

it's a really tricky situation, but I think they can do 80 in 10 with 4 wickets. where as 70 in 10 with 3 wickets....

NasserFan207

You can be sensible without going at a pace which would look glacial in Test matches.
They are six down and not even half way to chasing this. If India have any chance Dhoni has to be there at the finish, its pretty simple tbh. So long as the runrate doesn't go over ten its still possible.

edit: Moot point now

Last edited: