• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Pakistan and England players ratings

So how would you rate the players.

Pakistan:

Hafeez (7) - Only made one good innings of 88, but had a decent average with the bat (38) and bowled really well when needed.

Taufeeq (3) - Really had a poor series with the bat and dropped a crucial catch (Cook). Averaged 17.

Azhar Ali (9) - Had a brilliant series and averaged 50. Great knock to win us the 3rd match and a good partnership with Shafiq to win us the 2nd match. Has a long future ahead of him.

Younis (7) - His classy century under tough conditions makes up for the poor batting. Also fielded brilliantly.

Misbah (8) - A solid knock in the second test alongside great captaincy gets him an 8.

Shafiq (7) - After Younis looked the most comfortable batsman against spin and was part of a match winning partnership with Azhar. Fielded very well as well.

Adnan (5) - Poor with the bat and DRS but excellent behind the stumps. Would have gotten a 6 if he had behaved himself and had not dropped Cook.

Abdul Rahman (9) - Completely surprised me as a bowler. 19 wickets at an average of 16 is phenomenal. Destroyed the English middle/lower order a few times and bowled some real beauties. Is also a very good fielder.

Saeed Ajmal (10) - Perfect series for him. Highest wicket taker, lowest average. Also became the quickest Pakistani to 100 wickets in tests.

Gul (8) - 11 wickets at an average of 22 against a batting line-up that is very good against pace. Bowled well with both the new ball and old ball. Could have got more wickets if it hadn't been for the drops.

Cheema/Junaid - Unfair to rate them because they were not used much by Misbah.

Last edited:

Cricketismylife

U19 12th Man
Trott was unlucky? The same Trott who was basically gifted 52 runs by Misbah? For the record, I don't think any of them are or ever will be world class - they all have pretty blatant weaknesses.
Fair point I forgot about that. Still that cancels with his unlucky dismissal this test. As we have already discussed, Pietersen, Bell and Morgan were hopeless. Strauss failed in the first 3 innings of the series, and then made scores of 32 (which included an extra life due to Bowden being incompetent), 56 (which included an extra life due to a missed review opportunity) and 26 (which included being dropped by Adnan). So Strauss had a lot of luck and never looked comfortable.

Cook only made 1 big score, and his 49 was a horrible innings, where he was unable to rotate the strike, and was dropped twice. That leaves Prior who finished statistically the best England batsman on this tour. However, I feel Trott has a tighter technique than Prior and overall looked the best English batsman.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cook 3
Strauss 2
Trott 4
Pietersen 1
Bell -1
Morgan 2
Prior 6
Broad 9.5
Swann 7
Anderson 8
Panesar 9
Tremlett n/a

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm fuming at his shot to get out today. Worst dismissal I've ever seen from A top order England batsman

deerkick

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I would rate Strauss and Cook higher. I still can't believe Stuart Broad is England's best player.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Easily the best.

Think Prior deserves to be at least a 7, his keeping was good for the series bar one or two blips.

Also batted well in the first test and the last test, shouldn't have been put in those situations so often tbh.

Well played Pakistan though. We'll see you in He(ll)adingley.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If England do not beat SL in SL, then there is no way in the world that they are one of the top 2 test teams in the world

FFS, Australia, at the absolute lowest of their lows for the last 20 odd years, beat Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka flat out suck

hazsa19

International Regular
Maybe.. But I don't think it is that good for the SC conditions and I don't think they did anything extra-ordinary this series either. Being disciplined is great but that alone is not gonna make you the best bowling side for these conditions, at least.
Give me a current better all round bowling attack in the sub.c then? Taking into account back-up bowlers as well.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Give me a current better all round bowling attack in the sub.c then? Taking into account back-up bowlers as well.
England has the best bowling attack. But how far behind do you think Pakistan's bowling is in the SC and in seaming conditions like England (genuine question)?