• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
really do think this "what if he gets injured" is way over blown

If the ball is slippery and they struggle to adapt it might be iffy but they should be fine. Pretty confident in Starc/Harris/McKay putting up 20. So then Doherty/Dussey/Christian/Clarke/that guy just have to put in 12 and well if they can't do that.....

Of course there's a chance the Indian dressing room could burn down leading to an easy victory for us
Yeah I was more talking about what the attack looked like in terms of a general ODI than this match, which I why I mentioned things in blocks of ten. It should be fine in these circumstances.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Damn, don't think Australia made enough for Jadeja to break Sehwag's record. He tried his hardest to help them along the way but it just didn't happen.

Spark

Global Moderator
Interested to see the pecking order for the ring fieldsmen when it gets to that stage.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think I've ever seen a score adjusted up after an innings is complete itbt. Is it even a rule?

Daemon

I don't think I've ever seen a score adjusted up after an innings is complete itbt. Is it even a rule?
I know it isn't part of DRS, but it somewhat compensates for India having bowled their pacers out at the start of the innings itself.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Might have something to do with Australia getting more PP overs, perhaps?
Nah it's because they lost early wickets. They scored more slowly in those first few overs than they would have if they thought they only had 32 overs, but equally (in fact, exactly equally in this situation, so has it..) the early wickets lost when they thought it was a 50 over contest would've curtailed a 50-over innings more than it did a 32-over innings.

Spikey

can't believe statsguru doesn't have a 'match affected by duckworth lewis' option

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Happens all the time tbh.

Imagine you bat for 20 overs, then it becomes a 25 overs a side game. You bat for another 5 but the target surely isn't what you've scored in the 25 given you batted the first 20 like a proper ODI; it'll be a fair bit bigger.

If Australia hadn't lost any wickets before the rain the target would've gone up a bit.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Nah it's because they lost early wickets. They scored more slowly in those first few overs than they would have if they thought they only had 32 overs, but equally (in fact, exactly equally in this situation, so has it..) the early wickets lost when they thought it was a 50 over contest would've curtailed a 50-over innings more than it did a 32-over innings.
Makes sense.

You have obviously had a software update.

benchmark00

Happens all the time tbh.

Imagine you bat for 20 overs, then it becomes a 25 overs a side game. You bat for another 5 but the target surely isn't what you've scored in the 25 given you batted the first 20 like a proper ODI; it'll be a fair bit bigger.

If Australia hadn't lost any wickets before the rain the target would've gone up a bit.
Can you name the occasions this has happened?

I'm aware of the theory behind it bro.