• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah sack him and bring back Afridi as captain.

Just ridiculous.
Don't put words in my mouth. Who said anything about Afridi. I know people like Misbah who believe in the notion of 'its all good if it works out in the end' and like most people are not able to objectively review their own performance unless they meet with a failure. Since I feel there are lot of areas for improvement for the Pakistan team under Misbah, I feel that a defeat might actually serve them well.

What I don't understand however is why you would make a pathetic post like that when I am looking at areas of improvement for Pakistan..

Fusion

Global Moderator
Well here's Monty with the new ball. This should give us a hint about how Ajmal will do with it as well.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
BW, as Athers just pointed out that you need time for a team to develop.
Yeah and lets face it from the shambles he took over he has done a bloody brilliant job. Currently 1-0 up v England and if they choke you win the series and still some people aren't happy. Whether you lose this game or not you are going toe to toe with the number 1 ranked side and looking like you are a very good team too. From where he started from nobody can be upset with that in such a short space of time.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL Pakistani batsmen have a way of misleading opposition think tank by making average to poor bowlers look great. They did the same with Nathan Hauritz in 2009 and then Marcus North in 2010 and now they are doing the same with Panesar. I just hope for England's sake that they don't start thinking Panesar is some great bowler now and stick to 3 pacers and Swann for the upcoming series against West Indies and South Africa.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Don't put words in my mouth. Who said anything about Afridi. I know people like Misbah who believe in the notion of 'its all good if it works out in the end' and like most people are not able to objectively review their own performance unless they meet with a failure. Since I feel there are lot of areas for improvement for the Pakistan team under Misbah, I feel that a defeat might actually serve them well.

What I don't understand however is why you would make a pathetic post like that when I am looking at areas of improvement for Pakistan..
Make a pathetic point, get a pathetic response. Your agenda against Misbah is utterly absurd.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
LOL Pakistani batsmen have a way of misleading opposition think tank by making average to poor bowlers look great. They did the same with Nathan Hauritz in 2009 and then Marcus North in 2010 and now they are doing the same with Panesar. I just hope for England's sake that they don't start thinking Panesar is some great bowler now and stick to 3 pacers and Swann for the upcoming series against West Indies and South Africa.
We will, Monty will play in SL and India though. Gives us options which is always very nice to have. No way would we go 2+2 in England, that would be pointless.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Decent session for us but Pakistan will be pleased to still be out there. Should be looking to finish them off quickly after the break.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah and lets face it from the shambles he took over he has done a bloody brilliant job. Currently 1-0 up v England and if they choke you win the series and still some people aren't happy. Whether you lose this game or not you are going toe to toe with the number 1 ranked side and looking like you are a very good team too. From where he started from nobody can be upset with that in such a short space of time.
I am not sure if you meant me by that 'some people' jibe. Its frustrating when I have to explain this over and over again. When I judge a captain's approach on the field and his strategies, I do not consider the other external factors that everyone talks about. If you are a captain, there will always be things happening on the outside, especially if you are a Pakistani captain. I have been hearing this "oh he took over at a difficult time'' since the days of Wasim Akram, Rashid Latif, then Waqar Younis, then Inzamam, then Shoaib Mallik. There is always a difficult time when a new captain takes over. That has nothing to do with batting the way Misbah does and he bats like that regardless of whether he is captain or not. And that sort of batting just does not work these days because when you are in a good position, you have to maximise the number of runs you get.

Secondly, just because Pakistan is playing the number 1 team in the world does not mean they should use that as an excuse for average performances. If you think like that in sports, you will never be able to improve. Imagine if Australia thought ' oh we are playing the number 2 team in the world, so we have to accept average performances'. In cricket rankings mean nothing on the given day. Everyone is vulnerable.

Last edited: