• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
I am glad England played Panesar as do not see 3 seamers and 1 spinner as the way to go in the UAE. However, the amount of overs more he bowled than Swann (the best spinner in the world IMO) seem odd. I saw on the Cricinfo commentary that they were suggesting it was because of the line Panesar offered compared to Swann, but he wasn't breaking through with it.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fascinating first day, have no idea whether it's been a good one for us, all depends how we bat.

Swann, Anderson bowled well, Broad was world-class. Monty was good at first, but bowled too many overs.

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
Monty bowled very well I thought. Unlucky not to get a wicket or two more.
I only had text commentary to go off, so can't comment on how well the 2 actually bowled. Was he really good enough/Swann not good enough to merit Panesar bowling almost double the amount of overs?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think he looked good, but as Grecian said probably bowled too many overs. Swann did seem to struggle a bit as well.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Fascinating first day, have no idea whether it's been a good one for us, all depends how we bat.

Swann, Anderson bowled well, Broad was world-class. Monty was good at first, but bowled too many overs.
Would say we're miles in front as it stands. Whether that continues to be the same tomorrow is anyone's guess.

grecian

Would say we're miles in front as it stands. Whether that continues to be the same tomorrow is anyone's guess.
Oh, we should be. Pitch has spin, but only slow will probably only get slower, it's got nowt for the seamers, but the way we batted in the First test means it's still unknown.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's set up to be an interesting match at present, pretty much comes down to whether England are able to string together a couple of good partnerships and grab the first innings lead.

It's also amusing/amazing how people can still criticize Misbah.

Pothas

Yeah there is no doubt we are in front, what we did last test should not be relevant right now, will find out tomorrow if last test was an aberration or not.

salman85

International Debutant
Genuinely happy with the performance so far.Spin or no spin,chasing in the final innings of the match will be a challenge.I don't see us lasting the first session tomorrow,and the sooner Ajmal gets a bowl the better.I'm pretty certain he can rattle England again.256/7 on the first day is a decent show from the team batting first no matter how you look at it.To suggest that England are 'miles' ahead at this point in time is laughable and a little more.

BeeGee

International Captain
Genuinely happy with the performance so far.Spin or no spin,chasing in the final innings of the match will be a challenge.I don't see us lasting the first session tomorrow,and the sooner Ajmal gets a bowl the better.I'm pretty certain he can rattle England again.256/7 on the first day is a decent show from the team batting first no matter how you look at it.To suggest that England are 'miles' ahead at this point in time is laughable and a little more.
There's spin, all right.

Your post is full of it.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Its up to England to prove they can score heavily on these tracks. They didn't in any of the warm up games, and failed totally in the last test.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Its up to England to prove they can score heavily on these tracks. They didn't in any of the warm up games, and failed totally in the last test.
All true. Pak's score already looks pretty solid imo, and those dropped catches may cost us dearly.

Love to be proved wrong, of course.

Jacknife

International Captain
All true. Pak's score already looks pretty solid imo, and those dropped catches may cost us dearly.

Love to be proved wrong, of course.
Which dropped catches, I've had to follow on cricinfo today and the only one that I thought had cost us was the Misbah one being dropped on 30, the other dropped catch Hafeez was out the very next ball, or am I missing any others.