• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

uvelocity

International Coach
MOS wide open imo

bowling wins tests, clarke's knock plus captaincy has been awesome, anything can still happen with a test still to go.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Correction. On pitches where the bounce is a bit higher.
I kind of resent that implication that Dhoni can bat on pitches with lower bounce or whatever though. He's just crap IMO, and his record is massively padded by almost irrelevant runs on flat surfaces (and by this I don't mean pitches with low bounce, but pitches that every **** has scored runs on and have largely seen matches end in draws) and/or against bowlers who have given up and are waiting for the declaration. Bloke is going to get out caught behind no matter how much the ball is bouncing (or not bouncing).

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From Chris Gayle via Twitter

“@henrygayle: I'm waiting on clearance from bcci to play in the 4th test against Australia!Fingers cross,I will get a crack at swing swung 4 prank! LOL”

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Their opposition was a total joke, let's be honest. You have a short memory, it was a 1-1 series against NZ just a month ago in home conditions.
The bowling I've seen from the hosts in the last three tests hasn't been anything short of top-notch. Notwithstanding the woeful competition put up by the opponents, some deliveries could have cleaned up anyone ITBT. That 1-1 was a very good result for NZ (and Bracewell, of course) but I wouldn't read too much into a 7-run victory. Not enough to make sweeping claims about a side anyway.

By and large, this Aus side have looked good ever since they toured Lanka. Since Clarke took over the reins and Hussey battled it out for 94 in Galle (day 1), there's been a certain steel in their performance. Yes, they've been very fragile on the odd occasion, but the basics don't look too bad to me. Surely, there's a lot to build on.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I kind of resent that implication that Dhoni can bat on pitches with lower bounce or whatever though. He's just crap IMO, and his record is massively padded by almost irrelevant runs on flat surfaces and/or against bowlers who have given up and are waiting for the declaration. Bloke is going to get out caught behind no matter how much the ball is bouncing (or not bouncing).
Cough HowSTAT! Match Scorecard cough

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
I kind of resent that implication that Dhoni can bat on pitches with lower bounce or whatever though. He's just crap IMO, and his record is massively padded by almost irrelevant runs on flat surfaces (and by this I don't mean pitches with low bounces, but pitches that every **** has scored runs on and have seen matches end in draws) and/or against bowlers who have given up and are waiting for the declaration. Bloke is going to get out caught behind no matter how much the ball is bouncing (or not bouncing).
The man speaks the truth, IMHO!

Subhadeep

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I bet they're really really scared.:laugh:
Well, if they aren't, they should be. Strauss is past it, Cook is due a slump in form in 2013 and Pietersen too volatile. It's for Trott and Bell to bail them out! Needless to say, the series loss against Pakistan in 2012(which is yet to take place) to dent their confidence in handling quality pace attacks..

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
From Chris Gayle via Twitter

“@henrygayle: I'm waiting on clearance from bcci to play in the 4th test against Australia!Fingers cross,I will get a crack at swing swung 4 prank! LOL”
I don't speak Jamaican, can someone plz translate?

Howsie

International Captain
You shouldn't have conceeded our long term bet about the Horse.
Yeah, I thought he was done as a test cricketer for Australia a few months back. He was hopeless against Zimbabwe A and it seemed as though quite a few guys had jumped ahead of him in the pecking order, Copeland, Cummins etc. He's a quality bowler though and will be for sometime.

miscer

U19 Cricketer
this is so humiliating :(. I had thought of writing a long post but we didn't even show any fight ffs! Silver lining yadav and kohli MAYBE?

chicane

State Captain
Dhoni effigies won't happen, nowadays that's only for ODI/T20 fail.

Australia were awesome. This kind of demolition is phenomenal, I'd put them on par with SA and close to England, while India have vanished from the top.