• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Ruckus

International Captain
How did I miss this? :laugh:

Beaten on the edge three times in this over. Pancake, sure.
Yeah that's what has been so impressive for me. This isn't minefield, but it isn't a road by any means either. Some of the shots he has played, following the swing of the ball, have been simply sublime. It's a vary rare sight to see shots timed as well as that against what are essentially good balls.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah that's what has been so impressive for me. This isn't minefield, but it isn't a road by any means either. Some of the shots he has played, following the swing of the ball, have been simply sublime. It's a vary rare sight to see shots timed as well as that against what are essentially good balls.
Yeah it wasn't that easy. Once probably every 20 minutes there was a near miss. Each of them nearly chopped on, if Sachin was up closer etc

Spikey

Yeah I was a big sceptic but Starc bowled well today. Consistent swing off a good length.
I think he got a bit obsessed with the inswing at times, he was getting them in trouble just pushing it across them imo, but as the 4th bowler he def showed him over Lyon was the right move.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think he got a bit obsessed with the inswing at times, he was getting them in trouble just pushing it across them imo, but as the 4th bowler he def showed him over Lyon was the right move.
As a bowling performance in the context of the innings, sure, but in a longer-term view, it shows that he actually has control over the movement and is learning how to use it. At 21, that's a really good sign. The next step ofc is to replicate it away from Perth.

Last edited:

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I'm struggling to think of many days where a team has been so utterly dominant in dismissing the opposition out cheaply then almost matching their score without loss. Amazing day of cricket for the Aussies.

We should scrap the fourth test and get NZ over for a decider at Adelaide...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't know if I'd ever back Sehwag to play an innings like that in these conditions.
Warner's superior footwork just puts him in better positions to play a lot more attacking shots than Sehwag does.

He definitely got a bit sloggy after he got hit in the head, but the first 70-80 runs were all made with technically excellent cricket shots. Moved his feet extremely well and created shots with his body position; it really wasn't very Sehwag-like at all other than the fact that he played a big quick-scoring innings as opener.

Last edited:

adub

International Captain
In other news Reuters report run on Indian Effigy Futures, with unprecedented demand anticipated over the next two days...

Daemon

He's definitely a player who'll be feasting on crap bowling in the years to come. That's not to say that he can't do well against good bowling either though.