• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon this will be like South Africa v India at Centurion in 2010. India do well in their second innings, Tendulkar gets a 100, but they don't do enough to save the test.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
I KNEW someone would say that. Such horse ****. Sorry, but it is.

In all isolation, without milestones, that was the right time to declare. And that's why he did it. End of.

Haha, wow..as of above 'if they get 600 and we get rolled for 130 we'll look stupid'. Yes, probably. Quite right.
Just a thought tbh.

Briony

International Debutant
Sehwag has scored 290 runs in a day, add runs from his buddies plus 1.5 sessions worth of runs and you could be looking at 650-700 somewhere in Day 5. Then we are forced to chase 100 odd runs and we know what happened last time we tried chasing that much. Don't see the need to give India even the hope of a miracle. 2 days is more than enough, if you can't do that then you don't deserve to win.
If India did that after the sh!te we've seen they deserve to win but you'd imagine there's as much chance of that happening as Sehwag batting a whole day for ten runs.

irottev

U19 Cricketer
That's terrible captaincy. Only halfway through day 3...heaps of time left.lead at very least should have been 500. Gusset could have teed off and got 200. Clarke could have got 350 or 400. Shouldn't have declared at least until a wicket fell. Ugh makes meso mad. Let India off the hook big time shoulda punished them another 50-100 runs and still had 2 days and half s session tonight. Tire the bowlers for the next test and mentally frustrate them more

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon this will be like South Africa v India at Centurion in 2010. India do well in their second innings, Tendulkar gets a 100, but they don't do enough to save the test.
This Tendulkar hundred thing.

No one really gives a ****.

God Sehwag really is a FTB.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Lol...fail! Australia lose 1 wicket in 5 sessions. You get out for 4. Did the same thing at Edgbaston

This Tendulkar hundred thing.

No one really gives a ****.

God Sehwag really is a FTB.
I wasn't relating to the 100th 100 thing, I don't care at all to be honest. I just think he will get a ton.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
7.5 sessions to go. How much rain do you reckon is coming? and how long do you reckon it will take to take 10 wickets? They're talking about rain over night and some showers during the day, not losing a whole day or even a session. Why let them bat on the pitch whilst it's still great to bat on? I don't think we'll end up regretting it, but no where near ruthless enough for my liking.
It's meant to rain tonight and possibly all day tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
Ha I don't know if Gambhir wants to be doing that to Pattinson much...he might actually kill you.

chicane

State Captain
Following up that crazy 151 in SA with a sublime unbeaten 329, Clarke's been ridiculously good. What he always promised.