• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I don't even know what to make of this Indian team, they look so good at home and perform worse than minnows away. Indian Cricket has taken a huge step back to the days of 90s, IMO.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
hahah yeah. although if the indian tailenders are gonna play the short ball as badly as they have today, siddle and pattinson can go for it.
I have no problem with the bouncer when it's well directed and not delivered for six balls an over. Both Ishant and ZK played them poorly when funnily in Melbourne they faced the short stuff well. On another day, Hilfenhaus would not take wickets with those deliveries and the same posters would be screaming "pitch it up you mug".

adub

International Captain
No no no. Hilfenhaus bowled some good bouncers, however the one criticism of our bowlers when bowling to the tail has been the number of bouncers they bowl.
Hilf has used them judiciously and they've been at the face. That's the way to do it. Pitch up and look for an edge and then throw in the odd surprise one (or bowl a perfectly directed on first up). That's the opposite of the too short too often crap that gets my goat.

BeeGee

International Captain
I don't even know what to make of this Indian team, they look so good at home and perform worse than minnows away. Indian Cricket has taken a huge step back to the days of 90s, IMO.
Tomas had a theory about the Indian batting, that he mentioned in passing. Is he still around or has he been banned already?

adub

International Captain
yes siddle that is the way to knock over No. 11 (and plenty higher)

Good bowling again.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Bad play by MS, really should have looked to smash quick boundaries.
The only bad play was not running that second run. He has been striking near a four every over and you cannot expect him to face 100% of all deliveries.