• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't get why everyone always says that before an important Indian innings. He's their third best batsman at best.
Yeah and much lower than that in the second innings of the match. Possibly lower still in fourth innings chases.

Time is really of no consequence at this point so the most important players for India will be their best ones in this situation; Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman.

Now that I've said that Sehwag will probably ton up, but still - if I was offered three Indian batsmen of my choice to rub out before the start the innings, the opening pair would be unchanged.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't get why everyone always says that before an important Indian innings. He's their third best batsman at best.
Precisely, it's probably the fact he's more hit & miss than some of the others that makes him so dangerous on the occasions things go his way. If he does manage to bat a session, he'll likely have 70-80 runs to his name.

Stapel

International Regular
Looks like a very good set up to me! It sucks it is 2 am here. No way I'm gonna stay awake during lunch, when lunch is from 2:30 tot 3:10 in the morning........

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, I'd probably like to keep Kohli and Dhoni together because they'll both run quickly between the wickets whereas the old men won't.
Perhaps, I figured Laxman coming that low is not the best idea. But Ishant and Ashwin can hang around so not too bad.

Straight Drive

School Boy/Girl Captain
A positive for India is that it's the fourth innings of an MCG test match and we are still in it. Historically we would have been out of it by day 2.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dhoni's just not very good at batting. If he's to move anywhere in the order it should be below Ashwin. Should not be in the top 6.

hazsa19

International Regular
Looks like a very good set up to me! It sucks it is 2 am here. No way I'm gonna stay awake during lunch, when lunch is from 2:30 tot 3:10 in the morning........
I dedicate lunch, which runs from 1.30 to 2.10 here, to turkey sandwiches and highlights of the 2010/11 Ashes.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
GG u better not get out to some next dab shot I swear.

Please no losing wickets in the first 10-15 overs.