• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Ironically, South Africa are really good at chasing in the fourth innings.

It's been a funny game, the quality of bowling has fluctuated wildly from both sides. Australia started out bowling really well, went to pieces when the first change bowlers came on, then perked up brilliantly when Pattinson came back into the attack. Then when Tendulkar arrived at the crease they fed him all kinds of crap after tea, but came back well to end the day strongly.

India are clearly on top and I see no reason to believe that batting will be more difficult in the fourth innings than the third. But if Australia (or just Pattinson) can translate one of their spells of quality bowling into a bunch of wickets it'll be game on. India, on the other hand, are only a couple of good partnerships away from killing the game off.

It's the sign of a great game of cricket when your reaction to every session is to think, "the next session will be crucial".
SA have Graeme 'Captain Hopecrusher' Smith. Australia don't.

That said I think the most difficult conditions were the first day and excluding dodgy decisions it'll be a draw.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very little chance of a draw, barring rain. Too much carry in the pitch to bat out time comfortably.

Tests in Australia just don't seem to be ending in draws at all lately. Not even at Adelaide.

Last edited:

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Very little chance of a draw, barring rain. Too much carry in the pitch to bat out time comfortably.

Tests in Australia just don't seem to be ending in draws at all lately. Not even at Adelaide.
I think a lot of the Adelaide test last year was a result of the opening half hour or so of the match.

SeamUp

International Coach
When I first saw Pattinson I didn't think he would produce such good or consistent spells in test cricket. He always came across as a limited overs bowler for me. Hazlewood was my pick and then he got that bad injury.

So quite impressed with him and again outshining the 'experienced' bolwers in Hilfenhaus and Siddle.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
How are India ahead exactly? Dravid could take the game away but wasn't looking all that good - Laxman looks good but lately has been giving his wickets away, and the next two aren't really Test match players (well one isn't, the other is unproven and Australia is not the best place to ease yourself in).

India all out 280 IMO.

AlwaysProteas

U19 12th Man
How are India ahead exactly? Dravid could take the game away but wasn't looking all that good - Laxman looks good but lately has been giving his wickets away, and the next two aren't really Test match players (well one isn't, the other is unproven and Australia is not the best place to ease yourself in).

India all out 280 IMO.
Yea, reckon 500-1 for India unless Sharma/Dravid pull off a Dilley/Botham.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

India all out 280 IMO.
Because they're 200-odd/3 in response to 333. Whether India capitalise or not doesn't change that.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
You have to look at the recent history of the batting lineup not just raw score.
I'd still much rather be in India's position than Australia's. Australia's bowling in recent times hasn't exactly been **** hot either. Dravid is still out there, Laxman, Kohli and Dhoni have still to come. The lead is India's for the taking.

deerkick

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Watched most of the test match today (around when both Dravid and Tendulkar were in the 50s). Sucks that Tend got out. :(

Pattinson is a seriously impressive bowler, where has he been? Also it seems like Hilfy and Siddle really lack teh bite. Seems like Siddle got better as the game wore on though.

Scratchy innings from Sehwag and Gambhir is in **** form. We don't really have anyone else better to replace them tho lol.

Also just a small note on the Indian bowling. I think we should drop Ishant Sharma. He's been in the team on "potential" for far too long. He pretty much just bowls straight now. It seems like he has no wicket taking deliveries.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year

India all out 280 IMO.
Yes, exactly! Thank you. Pretty much what I've been saying. Not to mention, both Laxman and Dhoni have had very little match practice in the 2 games. The way Pattinson bowled right before tea, if he can produce another one of those spells, India are in for it.

Take note Burgey.