• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Under the new points system Auckland should really just go for this. de Boorder in particular.
Not when if you chase it too hard and get knocked over, and concede points to a side when you had nigh-on maximum points last week. Not worth it by a long stretch.

Colin de Grandhomme=lord

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Frickin awesome news! Mention of highlights packages is even more exciting as realistically I probably won't be able to live-stream that much.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Just remembered the next round started today. Lol CD - 79/5 against Canterbury.

On that note I've never seen Canterbury's Lonsdale, McCone or Henry bowl (or for that matter, George who played last week). Has anyone seen them and what are your thoughts? I remember Henry took a bagful at the end of last season and McCone always seems to be in the wickets and/or runs.

Also looks like O'Brien didn't pull up fit :(

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm a little surprised Wellington didn't play that extra bowler anyway. Austin-Smellie batting at 8 seems a little ridiculous.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I'm a little surprised Wellington didn't play that extra bowler anyway. Austin-Smellie batting at 8 seems a little ridiculous.
edit: haha, thought you were talking about their being too many bowlers, not the other way round. Wellington dearly love the allrounders anyway.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
edit: haha, thought you were talking about their being too many bowlers, not the other way round. Wellington dearly love the allrounders anyway.
Yeah I have a man crush on Boam anyway so I wouldn't really want him to get dropped.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Boam has impressive stats - not sure why he is behind woodcock in the order though.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Auckland are playing 5 bowlers plus de Grandhomme again, but this week don't even have Hopkins to bolster the middle order. Luckily for them Timmy Mac is scoring runs. Admittedly Adams will contribute more with the bat than Chris Martin did but still, Wellington will fancy themselves as soon as Auckland are 4-down.. Also Parlane in for Kitchen.

Surely Auckland should drop one of Bruce Martin or Bhupinder Singh....

Athlai

Not Terrible
Parlane off to a flier against his old team.

1 (32) wowsa

Seems like he might have been 0 (31) a second ago.