• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

mono

U19 Debutant
Why on earth is everyone comparing mcgrath to copeland. Mcgrath was 135-140 throughout his career, except towards the very end when he dropped to around 125-130.

Ruckus

International Captain
Because people are stupid. Whatever the case the whole debate about Copeland's speed is just ****ing boring...move on already for ****s sake.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mid-140's sometimes, even as late as 2003. McG's operating speed was much slower than what he was capable of.

Spark

Global Moderator
Christ, this is gonna end really, really badly, ain't it?

EDIT: Especially if Johnson continues to serve pies over in/over out.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well we though 316 was pretty below par, and it's looking a touch on the miniscule side right now. These two get to the end and I think we can expect well over 450.

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
We'll get there, predicting a 450 ish score for sri lanka. Eventually a draw, we win the series dissapointingly

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
We'll get there, predicting a 450 ish score for sri lanka. Eventually a draw, we win the series dissapointingly
Can't believe the expectations on this board. We are in a position to win this series, the other side isn't.

Quite frankly considering the rank pus that our batting has been for a lot of the time - well for a lot of the time in the past 12 months - we are well ahead of the game.

smash84

The Tiger King
SL's RR is pretty slow. They need to declare by end of 2nd session tomorrow or max by day end tomorrow with a lead of at least 250 if they want to win the game

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
SL's RR is pretty slow. They need to declare by end of 2nd session tomorrow or max by day end tomorrow with a lead of at least 250 if they want to win the game
That would mean scoring 400 runs by your stipulated declaration timing. Unless Dilshan goes berserk, that is not going to happen.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
all the bowler averages are almost back past 30 again
Other than Johnson, I don't believe Copeland, Siddle, Lyon and Watson have bowled badly as a combination today.

This is a typical Sri Lankan pitch and we are trying to dimiss two cricketers who have made a career out of thriving in these conditions. I am thankful that Samarawera isn't playing, these are the pitches in which he dominates.

Spark

Global Moderator
New ball due in 15. If we can't get a brace with it then we're in real strife. After that, I guess our plan should be to keep the RR to an absolute minimum and pray for something stupid in an effort to force the game.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why on earth is everyone comparing mcgrath to copeland. Mcgrath was 135-140 throughout his career, except towards the very end when he dropped to around 125-130.
Because they're desperate for him to be the next McGrath. I thought McGrath spent a lot of time around the 130-133 mark, especially later in his career.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Other than Johnson, I don't believe Copeland, Siddle, Lyon and Watson have bowled badly as a combination today.

This is a typical Sri Lankan pitch and we are trying to dimiss two cricketers who have made a career out of thriving in these conditions. I am thankful that Samarawera isn't playing, these are the pitches in which he dominates.
Oh I don't think any have been dreadful, sack worthy etc. They was just a lot of praise after the first test about the attack and the averages etc which I thought was mad, considering there's a damn good chance the attack we send out on boxing day could be entirely different bar watson (harris injured, copeland, lyon and johnson dropped ftr)

On the whole, this series for me hasn't answered as many questions as I would have liked, given the first test performances were a write off due to the pitch, as this one will be for the bowlers