• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Looked pedestrian against spin and finally fell to a full toss. Seriously, why was this guy so hyped up? :wacko: Looked rank to my eyes all the while he was out there. (except that killer shot for six)
I think it is the same case as some young Indian batsman against seam,swing and bounce. The English and Aussies young batsman struggle against spin.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
I think it is the same case as some young Indian batsman against seam,swing and bounce. The English and Aussies young batsman struggle against spin.
Yeah! I love to see these overpaid, useless hacks (read: batsmen) earn their runs the hard way. So you wouldn't hear me complaining in either case. :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Haha this is shambolic stuff. That one over from Dernbach has thrown everything off course and now everyone is bowling tripe.

Brilliant from Jadeja too, never have understood the hate for him.
Yeah, Jadeja usually lacks the power to hit those to the stands.
He's always been a bit gun IMO. He was just in a rut he found he hard to get out of, rarely came in to bat in a situation that suited his game of building an innings (unlike here), was bascially hated by millions and under-performed as a result. I think it was all a bit much for a 20 year old; he could be a really important cricketer for India going forward though as I've said before.
Well, the key is that he was dropped, he went back and learned some power hitting, put on some muscle and when he was playing this year's IPL, it was obvious he had more gears to his batting than he did in his earlier stint. That is why I think he will be a much better player for us now than he was, esp. if his bowling has remained intact.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They would have walked the first one if it was still a 50/50 over game?
Social is a well known troll. I shouldn't have answered him, we've killed India in every way, we've also had our best ODI player missing

Not sure were luck is, here, they may have won the first match, but there'd have been about 35 overs of crud bowling to come.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
These 2 want to keep a eye on the RR and don't let it get above 6 rpo.
I don't think playing a natural game against the spinning ball and milking runs comes easily to either of them.

They'd be best advised to add a few without any damage and then launch into the Indian trundlers when they come back on.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Who said that Indians can't field? :D

edit: stupid captaincy this by Dhoni. England can barely hit the spinners off the square; bowl them out.

Last edited:

Jacknife

International Captain
I don't think playing a natural game against the spinning ball and milking runs comes easily to either of them.

They'd be best advised to add a few without any damage and then launch into the Indian trundlers when they come back on.
Agree mate, need to make hay off the seamers.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Social is a well known troll. I shouldn't have answered him, we've killed India in every way, we've also had our best ODI player missing

Not sure were luck is, here, they may have won the first match, but there'd have been about 35 overs of crud bowling to come.
Don't think india were a guarantee to walk it by any means but were certainly on top at the time and the momentum was with India.

And missing Morgan is hardly a excuse considering who India are missing and have missed throughout the series.:p

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Don't think india were a guarantee to walk it by any means but were certainly on top at the time and the momentum was with India.

And missing Morgan is hardly a excuse considering who India are missing and have missed throughout the series.:p
You still have Dhoni, Raina and Kohli; that's 3 more ODI standard batsmen than England have.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Good commitment from Raina. I'm assuming he's not one of the donkeys I've been reading about.

EDIT: Oh dear! Skipper misses one as I type.