• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Some awful pressure relieving stuff by Johnson. Getting owned by Herath now, haha. Copeland off and the runs start flowing? No way. Back to the days of "we'll skittle them out with pace". Fantastic.

Bun

Banned
Not sure Herath would've survived playing a different game though...

Crazy hour comes to an end... Hopefully Mathews can get a bit of strike and complete his 100 with the last two.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Personally think that 03/09/2011 will be the day two promising Cricketers, Angelo Matthews and Azhar Ali make their maiden centuries.

Well bowled by the QLDER Harris :)

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really do think that this is the right fast bowling unit. Harris and Copeland opening with MJ following. However I do think that Harris should be bowling the shorter spells for a number of reasons.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Some awful pressure relieving stuff by Johnson. Getting owned by Herath now, haha. Copeland off and the runs start flowing? No way. Back to the days of "we'll skittle them out with pace". Fantastic.
Excellent from Harris, so deserved.

What do the other bowlers feel like when Johnson is spraying it around like a really bad graffiti artist?

pup11

International Coach
Why does he deserve it? Because he releases the pressure and allows the runs to flow, but every now and again bowls a good ball?

Copeland found the edge two balls before he was taken off and keeps it tight. Johnson should have followed Harris. Picking up a tail ender doesn't really change that.
True that Johnson hasn't bowled with a great deal of consistency but then there is nothing new with that but in Copeland's case agreed he has kept it tight but when you play as a frontline bowler you need to contribute more in terms of wickets.

Edit: 5-fer for Harris well deserved..

Spark

Global Moderator
Hmm, I don't think Johnson was bowling badly in the last over. Herath was just swinging at everything, that's all, which is better than him leaving it. As we saw.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have you people been watching the same test? Johnson has bowled just as well as Copeland. I know it's fashionable to hate on him, but he hasn't bowled poorly at all.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hmm, I don't think Johnson was bowling badly in the last over. Herath was just swinging at everything, that's all, which is better than him leaving it. As we saw.
You missed his half volleys and attempted bouncer to Matthews?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
That innings from Herath has to be one of the worst I've seen in terms of supporting his team. The only wonder was that he didn't hole out sooner. Quite appalling. Whilst not generally advocating violence, I couldn't blame Matthews for dishing out some instant justice if he's left stranded in the 90's.