• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

pup11

International Coach
Rhyno you beauty....!!!!

Edit: Nonetheless amazing knock from Mahela...

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Before I go OTT with Harris love though, that's one of the better knocks you'll ever see. Stand tall, Mahela, you've played a blinder.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Genuine edge there. Just need to stay tight and one will go to hand. Mathews doesn't have the game to bat the 4 or so hours more that are needed.
Make that Mahela. Onya Harris.

Thank the lord we have a proper new ball bowler. Even if he may only last one more match.

It must have been a lovely knock. Worthy of a better outcome but what a relief.

Last edited:

adub

International Captain
I'm actually really glad Mahela has come out and made a game of this. It's Test cricket FFS. It's not meant to be easy. He has made us earn it. Kudos to him on a sublime innings.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There you go. The new ball was always likely to do it, although I thought it would be Matthews. Shame for Jaywardene - a quite magnificent innings.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm actually really glad Mahela has come out and made a game of this. It's Test cricket FFS. It's not meant to be easy. He has made us earn it. Kudos to him on a sublime innings.
Yeah agreed. It's been a good test and what I've liked is that we haven't gone and done something daft/desperate just because it's taking much longer than we thought. We've just been persistent and finally got the reward.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah agreed. It's been a good test and what I've liked is that we haven't gone and done something daft/desperate just because it's taking much longer than we thought.
Yeah, you have to hang in there, the new ball was always likely to bring the breakthrough, England had similar problems with an older ball this summer against SL and India but new ball did trick. Just have to be patient and keep it as tight as you can in meantime which they did well.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Strange to pull Copeland off after only three overs. I wonder if Clarke understands that Copeland likes long spells.

Jayzamann

International Regular
That's what happens when one of the big fish gets going.

Missed all of todays play so far. Making a decent fist of it.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Is this pitch easier to bat on than previous days? Or just magic from Mahela and stars aligning for Mathews?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't believe Copeland only got 3 overs with the new ball and then Johnson is brought on and gets smacked around.