• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bad luck Huss. Worthy of a ton.

Weird total. You look at it and think it's like Jono - massively inadequate, but the subjective conditions aren't easy at all.

aussie tragic

International Captain
some trivia...Hussey just passed Ian Redpath to become the 19th highest run scorer for Australia with 4745 runs @ 51.57

Clarke is in 18th just 20 runs ahead

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ah, real shame for Hussey. Good decision though.

I have to say, I'm not convinced that batting is as hard as is being made out, with all the starts and how comfortable Hussey (and at times Ponting and Clarke) seemed to look.

Add in the debutant spinner in the Aussie attack and I think the Sri Lankan top 5 will make the deck look very placid.

adub

International Captain
Well that was a bit of an anti-climax.

Good enjoyable tough day of Test Cricket though. Good performance from the Lankans and superb innings from Hussey. Can't wait til tomorrow.

Ruckus

International Captain
I have to say, I'm not convinced that batting is as hard as is being made out, with all the starts and how comfortable Hussey (and at times Ponting and Clarke) seemed to look.
Yeah agree, definately doesn't look a 270 par pitch to me. We'll see though I guess.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah, real shame for Hussey. Good decision though.

Add in the debutant spinner in the Aussie attack and I think the Sri Lankan top 5 will make the deck look very placid.
yeah
if lanka don't lose early wickets they'll get 400 imo
yes there's some assistance for bowlers but thats the least you should expect given it's a TEST match.