• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

pup11

International Coach
Pretty woeful stuff and thank goodness I'm not watching this. We now would slog from ball one and probably get bowled out under 100, what a way to kickstart a long tour.!!

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He bowls to the left...

Well done Dilshan, great fun innings. I know it is only a hit and giggle match but Australia will want to get off to a good start on tour and that bowling/fielding wasn't good. Could just be a great track to bat on so we will soon find out.

Spark

Global Moderator
Just me or was the quality of the TV production utterly utterly abysmal?
Not just you. There was one ball where they cycled through about five different shots, none of which were the ball actually getting bowled to the batsmen and the batsmen playing the shot.

EDIT: For some reason I simply can't bring myself to really care about this though.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
I think this game is another minor example that shows just why we won't have a decent spinner playing for Australia in a hurry, spin just seems like an option to fill-in a few quick overs and nothing more.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Just me or was the quality of the TV production utterly utterly abysmal?
Nope, you're right. The audio was downright terrible and the cameramen were also very ordinary.

That was pathetic from Australia. Absolutely attrocious death bowling, especially from Mitchell Johnson who bowled the same short **** every ball. The fielding was below par and the captaincy from Cameron White was very disappointing and strange. No idea why SOK, Smith and Dussey weren't given a fair bowl.

Great start to the tour.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think this game is another minor example that shows just why we won't have a decent spinner playing for Australia in a hurry, spin just seems like an option to fill-in a few quick overs and nothing more.
It is one of the big, big upsides of Clarke's captaincy IMO, the fact that he seems to rate spin bowling in and of itself.

EDIT: Aaah! It's him! KILL IT WITH FIRE

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
It is one of the big, big upsides of Clarke's captaincy IMO, the fact that he seems to rate spin bowling in and of itself.
Clarke indeed is better with spinners which is obvious due to the Warne influence on his game but have seen even him underbowl his spinners plenty of times.

This pathetic mindset is embedded deep inside Australian domestic cricket where even decent spinners are treated like second class citizen whereas sub-standard seamers are backed as if they are the next Thompson or Lillee.

Spark

Global Moderator
Clarke indeed is better with spinners which is obvious due to the Warne influence on his game but have seen even him underbowl his spinners plenty of times.

This pathetic mindset is embedded deep inside Australian domestic cricket where even decent spinners are treated like second class citizen whereas sub-standard seamers are backed as if they are the next Thompson or Lillee.
True but it's a stupidly low base we're starting from here

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Ugh, pretty **** planning this. Far too few spin overs and then the worst death bowler in the world getting the last over to Dilshan in full flight
ey

They don't really plan based on what's real. I love that they gave the biggest bottler of them all the last over. :laugh:

pup11

International Coach
Ho boy, good thing it's T20 or I might have raged at that shot
Still shows what can happen when you pitch the ball up in the batsman's half but none of our seamers could be any interested in doing that, that's ofcourse not counting those full-tosses...

Spikey

also, hastings and lee out, pattinson in, smith to actually be played as a spinner which he has done to very good effect in T20's and maybe a change around in the batting order (Marsh opening pretty much)

Burgey

Shocking start but keep in mind they've not bowled in ages. Not an excuse for some of the utter tripe which was dished up though.

Marsh goes. No loss, frankly. Such a downhill skier. Sangakkarra's wicket with that appeal.